Custom Jeep Exhaust

RKCRWLR

Can anyone recomend some shop(s) that will make custom exhaust (and at reasonable prices!)? My YJ has a D300 swap so the exhaust is a custom bend. Time for a new one, but the old one is there for guidance. I am in SJ.

Thanks.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
RKCRWLR said:
Can anyone recomend some shop(s) that will make custom exhaust (and at reasonable prices!)? My YJ has a D300 swap so the exhaust is a custom bend. Time for a new one, but the old one is there for guidance. I am in SJ.

Thanks.

I've had the Master Muffler in West Jordan do some work for me before (7800 South 1500 West---south side of the street) and they did excellent work. They weren't the cheapest, but did good work.

Caleb

Master Muffler in Kearns...do a saerch adn you will see there have been several gusy that have used them and all have been pleased. They did the exhaust on my buggy from the header flange back (so 100% custom) and they did an excellent job and they used aluminzed tubing where most shops were charging extra if I wanted aluminized but their prices were by far the cheapest (by almost half of what all the other shops had quoted me ;) )

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
We use Master Muffler on State Street by Fashion Place Mall. Ty's prices are always very reasonable and their work is spot on. (It's the same place Jeff Beach used to work up until he injured his shoulder)

Matt Holm
Sales Manager
Outer Limit Motorsports
2437 S. 3270 W.
801-647-2935

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Ohms said:
We use Master Muffler on State Street by Fashion Place Mall. Ty's prices are always very reasonable and their work is spot on. (It's the same place Jeff Beach used to work up until he injured his shoulder)

Matt Holm
Sales Manager
Outer Limit Motorsports
2437 S. 3270 W.
801-647-2935

It was two years ago but I got a bid from that store, drove right to the West Jordan store and they quoted half as much for the exact same job.

Caleb

bobdog said:
It was two years ago but I got a bid from that store, drove right to the West Jordan store and they quoted half as much for the exact same job.

yep, they quoted me $600+ for my buggy, the West Jordan shop quoted me $300+ and the Kearns store quoted me $200+ (this was all ont eh same day with the buggy sitting in front of them on a trailer)...and only the kearns store was using aluminized tubing at that price :eek:

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Me too, they quoted me $750 :eek: for the Bronco. I laughed outloud and walked out :-\

Had All terrain do it for less then 1/2 that....and they did a kick a$$ job!!!!
Too bad they don't do exhaust anymore. :(

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Beach did mine and I paid around 250 including the muffler. It was only y-pipe back but I thought that wasn't too unreasonable.

I've had Main Street muffler do some stuff for me in the past and they've always been fair and honest in my estimation.

Cody

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Cody said:
..........I've had Main Street muffler do some stuff for me in the past and they've always been fair and honest in my estimation.

Cody

I think he's my neighbor. Lives just down 11th west from me. (if he's not the owner, he's pretty dedicated as all his vehicles have a sticker that pretty much covers the back window) That's good to hear. I was gonna run the YJ down the street (when it moves) and see what he could do for me.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
mbryson said:
I think he's my neighbor. Lives just down 11th west from me. (if he's not the owner, he's pretty dedicated as all his vehicles have a sticker that pretty much covers the back window) That's good to hear. I was gonna run the YJ down the street (when it moves) and see what he could do for me.

Main Street did the exhaust on my current buggy, and I was really happy with the price and the work. If you've seen it, you know how much room I didn't leave them to fit the exhaust, yet there it is. :)

One_bad_YJ

EXTREME CAR CARE-- On 7800 S just east of redwood (shares the parking lot with BIG O) My Buddy Dave owns the place, ans he is the Crap when it comes to exhaust- I have had him do my last 6 cars, and all my friends go to him for thier custom work- Tell him Tyson Sent ya-

RKCRWLR

Thanks for all the input. Being relatively new to the area (14 months), I am still working my way through service providers. I will just need the tailpipe, so hopefully it will not be too much!

neagtea

Supporting Member
Steve at PRO-EX in layton kicks ass.
Show quality work that will support the weight of the vehicle without breaking welds or mounts