D60 Kingpin high steer arms

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
Hey all,
who makes strong D60 Kingpin high steer arms, resonably priced, with the proper 2 degrees already cut to alleviate binding during flex. Took a look at Poison SPyder Customs but their site is difficult to order from so I looked at some others but just wanted to see what the concensus of those who ran D60 kingpin front ends under their rigs is. Mine is going into a CJ-7 with a Rubi Ex SOA lift. KENNETH !!

Caleb

Well, you've got a choice...a super bling one like the OTT ones or a basic one like th Rocklogic ones. IMO, I have yet to see anyone bend, break, bust, or whatever the cheaper ones like the Rocklogic ones...so I went with them. I am sure it has happened but I've never ehard about it. The only ones I have heard of anyone bend was a set of the Poison Spyder ones...they twisted them up, but I think thats because the arm has holes all the way up it. Usually the knuckle breaks before the arm does;) Another thing I like about the Rocklogic style one is they go over the KP Cap, instead of adding a spacer lke a lot of them do.

So your choice $300/arm for a supa bling one or about $100/arm for a standard one:D

EDIT: I stand corrected, the OTT and Sky arms have both come WAY down in price and are about $150 in price...not too bad. :cool:

troutbum

cubi-kill
FWIW I run the rockstomper arms no 2* angle cut, not cut for ackerman. They don't bind, and work great. they prolly scrub a little, but I don't notice.

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
Supergper said:
Well, you've got a choice...a super bling one like the OTT ones or a basic one like th Rocklogic ones. IMO, I have yet to see anyone bend, break, bust, or whatever the cheaper ones like the Rocklogic ones...so I went with them. I am sure it has happened but I've never ehard about it. The only ones I have heard of anyone bend was a set of the Poison Spyder ones...they twisted them up, but I think thats because the arm has holes all the way up it. Usually the knuckle breaks before the arm does;) Another thing I like about the Rocklogic style one is they go over the KP Cap, instead of adding a spacer lke a lot of them do.

So your choice $300/arm for a supa bling one or about $100/arm for a standard one:D

EDIT: I stand corrected, the OTT and Sky arms have both come WAY down in price and are about $150 in price...not too bad. :cool:

Poison Spyder arms=$116 ea so this price isn't exactly supa bling. Thanks for the other company options, i will look into them.

Caleb

fattodog said:
Poison Spyder arms=$116 ea so this price isn't exactly supa bling. Thanks for the other company options, i will look into them.

I wouldn;t consider the poison spyder ones to be bling either...in fact I would say they are the worst arm out there...

Caleb

CHAD VANDALL said:
I like the CRANE arm's................

VANDALL.

Cranes are sweet, but do they offer one for regular knuckles? The only one I have seen of theirs is the one thats keyed for their knuckles (which I think is the greatest idea)...

VANDALL

Supergper said:
Cranes are sweet, but do they offer one for regular knuckles? The only one I have seen of theirs is the one thats keyed for their knuckles (which I think is the greatest idea)...

I think that they have them 4 stock king pin(4-bolt pattern).
Do U want that 60 yoke, if so U can just have it 4 free....

VANDALL.

trailrunner

try ray at ram off-road @ 719650-3044.he makes alum. arms that are 1.5 "thick.they will anodize them to match your rig.i run them on a comp. rig in the pro-natls.they weigh in at 1 # less than steel each.i have not had any problems at all.tell them ron told you about them.