Damn GE Washer Is Leaking....Help!

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Our less than 5 year old GE Profile washer is leaking from the center but I can't find where it is coming from. :mad2: Anyone know anything about these washers or can recommend a good repair person?

Jay5.9L

Top loader 168761-1.jpg
And I think the warranty is just on rust though or major mechanical failures are this point.
I have it open and there is a little pool of water in the bottom but I can’t see where is coming from. The drain pump and internal hoses look good. Supply hoses look good. Drive shaft thing that goes into the middle have no water or drips.

Kirk

We have the exact washer and ours leaked all over a couple months ago. It leaked out of a overflow hose that just drains into the base, which overflows and ends up in the basement :) Ours ended up being the sensor that tells the computer how full the tub is. It works off of pressure. There is a little hose that runs from a square plastic box type thing on side of the tub up to a switch. I tested the switch by blowing on the hose, and could hear the switch activate - so I knew it worked. I read there were two other things that cause that to malfunction (when the sensor reads a lower pressure from the water level than it should, so it fills the tub up too full) Either the air line is parcially plugged, or the plastic box is dirty. I blew both out with the air compressor - mine nded up being the little box thing - it is semi transparent, and and I coud see it was full of hard water deposits/other things - so I blew it out with air, and it hasn't leaked again.

Hope that helps

Jay5.9L

Thanks Kirk but I think its a different problem. Mine never fills more than maybe 1/2 way and the big white plastic overflow hose in the back left corner was dry.

Jay5.9L

Well I watched it leak again last night right under transission/shaft. Can't find where the water is coming from so I called Steve at Intermountain Appliance. Thanks for the contact info!.