DANA 35 questions! Super 35

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any 9's (or 60s) out there with disc brakes, are the proper width to go in a Jeep (close to stock length) and come with 4.10 and limited slips.

I know you can upgrade it to be that way. Either cutting the axle tubes, adding a disc brake kit, changing gears/differentials, etc......

But the whole appeal to an 8.8 is it comes basically done, in a variety of gears, with disc brakes and 31 spline axles for around $100-500.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
waynehartwig said:
I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any 9's (or 60s) out there with disc brakes, are the proper width to go in a Jeep (close to stock length) and come with 4.10 and limited slips.QUOTE]

I don't know about the 4.10 or limited slip part, but the axle you speak of came in a versailles. The limited slip you speak of is worthless even brand new. Drive around the block a couple of times and you may as well have a open diff.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
waynehartwig said:
I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any 9's (or 60s) out there with disc brakes, are the proper width to go in a Jeep (close to stock length) and come with 4.10 and limited slips.

I know you can upgrade it to be that way. Either cutting the axle tubes, adding a disc brake kit, changing gears/differentials, etc......

But the whole appeal to an 8.8 is it comes basically done, in a variety of gears, with disc brakes and 31 spline axles for around $100-500.

EB 9" meets all of your requirements...right? cherokee d44?
if you know the right people you can have just about any axle setup like that for not much more than $500, or if you can fab yourself
it's not like this is a cheap hobby