dana 44 knuckles

dustybronco

www.sextonoffroad.com
They should, the knuckles should be fine but some of the spindles had different bolt patterns but most ford and chevy spindles even though the spacing is different were the same 6 bolt pattern. I.E. if you want to convert an old drum brake ford to disks you just need the spindles and calipers from a Chevy with a ford hub and rotor.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I have a high pinion dana 44 i wanna run in my YJ but i have a dana 44 out of a chev with flat top knuckles i just want the flat top knuckles on the high pinion axle to run high steer

JackKeslerCustoms

I had to put chevy calipers on mine. I don't remember exactly the cause, but I had one side lock up on me on the freeway, and when I went to replace it, the replacement ford calipers didn't clear the knuckles, so I got the chevy ones instead. Just FYI, it seemed like my hp44 was kind of pieced together when I got it.

Chevycrew

skippy, give me call sometime.

208-890-5454

I can run you through what all parts are needed to run the chevy knuckles, and 5 or 6 or 8 lug outers.

JackKeslerCustoms

skippy, give me call sometime.

208-890-5454

I can run you through what all parts are needed to run the chevy knuckles, and 5 or 6 or 8 lug outers.

Take him up on it and call, he's definitely seen a few axles. And I might have a set of ford knuckles you could have for free, and just get them machined.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Good deal thanks guys i need to tear into it and figure out exactly what i need and i will for sure be staying in touch with you guys

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
ok so my ford axle has 5 bolt spindles and my flat top knuckles have 6 bolts....so i need either spindles or another set of knuckles....If i use a chev spindle will my ford brakes and everything work ok on it???

Chevycrew

No, you will need a set of small chevy spindles (rare), chevy backing plates and calipers, then run the ford bearing hubs.

I still have a set of spindles and backing plates for sale.

(If you would have called me, you would know all this by now...:p)

Just pokin fun...

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
yeah i just barely got around to looking at it and seeing what i had ....so whats the easiest way to go about getting this set-up with flat top knuckles the calipers and rotors that are on it are brand new so i wanted to use them if possible but if not thats ok too

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have a set of flat top Ford knuckles that came off of the 79 F250 HP 44 that I put under my son's Comanche if you could use those. I used the chev spindle, knuckles and rotors on his. On my Commando project I have the small Chev spindles, chevy knuckles, chev calipers and Ford hubs and rotors.