Dans Buggy build

notajeep

Just me
DSC_0172_2.jpg

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Well...... Who doesn't want more power?! :greg:

But power costs $$$ :-\

But In all reality there have only been a handfull of times that I really wanted and or needed more power. This rebuild should give that to me. But even more important I think is knowing how to manage the power you do have, and best use it and put it to the ground.

Very true.... But at some you need the extra power, and some point not.

notajeep

Just me
Motor rebuild is all done. I got it back in the buggy on Friday, timed and running. The new power is sweet! Even better is the lack of smoke, and no knock, :greg:.

Now I am working on the skins and the hood.
For the skins, I picked up some high impact plexi glass at lowes. More on that later, but i could not find any lexan that wasn't super spendy.
Mothersday029.jpg

Mothersday028.jpg

Mothersday027.jpg

Hood not centered in this pic. Just sitting on top.

Mothersday032.jpg

I also started working on the hood placement. I picked up this narrowed CJ hood a while back. I need to match it to the skin paint still. But I am still trying to deside where the hood needs to sit. I kinda like it pushed back against the cowl. (SP?) And that would make it the easiest to mount. But I can also move it all the way forward.
Tell me what you think.

notajeep

Just me
It was free :ugh:
I had Glen at bakers do it for me. It is .060 over, ofset grind on the crank for more stroke. Shaved the head for more compression, Ported and polished the heads and the new edlbrock intake. TBI spacer. I also have a custom chip coming soon. When all is done, I should be putting out about 250HP.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
It was free :ugh:
I had Glen at bakers do it for me. It is .060 over, ofset grind on the crank for more stroke. Deaked the head for more compression, Ported and polished the heads and the new edlbrock intake. TBI spacer. I also have a custom chip coming soon. When all is done, I should be putting out about 250HP.

Not bad! 250HP dan is much better than 60HP Dan :p

Bart

Wow, the skins and hood make a big difference. Looking good. I like it where it sits in the pics. Add some lights underneath and enjoy the new Jeep. :p

crawldaddy

With a hood like that you might need to change your name.:D Maybe once that Jeep hood bites the dust you could put on a cut down Toyota hood, and get back to your roots.;) Looks good with the skins.

notajeep

Just me
Wow, the skins and hood make a big difference. Looking good. I like it where it sits in the pics. Add some lights underneath and enjoy the new Jeep. :p

I guess mine is just as much of a jeep as yours is now. :ugh:

With a hood like that you might need to change your name.:D Maybe once that Jeep hood bites the dust you could put on a cut down Toyota hood, and get back to your roots.;) Looks good with the skins.

Good call.:greg: