Darwin 1, Harley Guy 0

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
While I don't actually agree with helmet laws I still think everybody should wear one. I know I won't ride my bike without one. I also don't believe in seatbelt laws but I always wear mine and won't move a car until everybody has theirs on.

Caleb

I think that helmet laws should be the rider's choice. I'm the same way, I won't ride without it, I even feel uncomfortable just jumping on my bike to turn it around without a helmet. However, the only person you'll ever injure by not wearing a helmet is yourself. Seatbelts are a different story. You also need to remember that seatbelt laws are relatively new. It's only been in the last year or so that it's been a primary offense, and only a few years more (maybe 10?) that it's been a law at all. Motorcycle laws always follow behind auto laws.

It is a bit ironic that the guy died at a helmet law protest. I bet that put a damper on their protest.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
However, the only person you'll ever injure by not wearing a helmet is yourself.

Bullshit.

Kill a guy on a motorcycle without a helmet (your fault), then tell me the dead guy is the only one "injured."

Caleb

Bullshit.

Kill a guy on a motorcycle without a helmet (your fault), then tell me the dead guy is the only one "injured."
It was the motorcycler's choice to not wear a helmet. I'm not talking about emotionally injured. 9 times out of 10, if a mcer gets plowed by a car, a helmet won't make a whole lot of difference wether they survive or not.

i think it should be your choice if you wear one or not. i always wear a helmet when i ride four-wheelers and motorcycles. also then again i hate wearing my seat belt cause i feel so claustrophobic.. i understand that a seat belt would save my life if i was ever in a accident. but i don't think they should tell you to wear a seat belt, it should be my choice.