Davis county emissions testing question

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
I have typed several responses to this thread and then deleted them all as they were not helpful but just rants of my experiences at this station.

Gertsch, who do I ask for so I don't get the runaround like I have the last 3 years? My Truck is a 1994 F350 IDI Turbo Diesel. The only item on it that qualifies as an emission device is the turbo. The only computer on it is the transmission ECU and the clock radio. Every year I have to re-test and it passes on the second try. The tester gives me a comment about "must have unplugged the chip?".

This year I will bring it in hot, fresh engine oil and air filter, just like years past. What are the chances it will pass AND that I can have you as the tester?

My truck is a dd, so sitting is not a concern.

Side note: why are the full floating axles pulled for the safety inspection in the other bay?

gertsch

Some of the people that worked for the county really didn't know what there looking at or understand all the diesel systems out there. I tested a truck like yours the other day and it passed just fine. Cause it was getting used and used well. With all your filters and a hot engine I would expect your truck to pass fine. My only real concern would be make sure you give it a good blow out run just before you bring it in. I usually give them a couple good blow outs before the official test and its been helping out everyone that's been coming in cause, A: they forgot to. B: it's been sitting for who knows how long. Usually the issue I've seen with trucks like yours is it hasn't had a good fuel system clean out in awhile. Or injector pump is out of timing.

With that said just pm me when your coming in and ill keep an I out for you and do my best to get you through the test and get you on your way.

As for the full floater thing. If it was done over in the old gas building (which is now closed). They did them in bay 7 cause it takes up more time dissasembling the axle to get the drum off to measure shoes. Not everyone can disassemble a full floater and put ing back together and have everything torqued to specs in less time as thoughts that know them like the back of there hand. (Hey that's new)