DB horns

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
I know there is a thread somewhere that discusses train horns and such. After some old guy sideswiped me yesterday changing lanes without looking I have decided that the next old MF that even gets close to my truck or family is going to get effin blasted into tomorrow.

Needless to say im in the market for some ridiculously loud horns for my truck, I have seen the hornblasters website/youtube videos and they look pretty good, there are some kits on ebay for pretty cheap too. What are those of you that have air horns using? I notice most horn kits top out at around 150-175 decibels, is there a state law on how loud you can run?

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
We carry the Kleinn Air horns, we usually have the train horns in stock. Most annoying horn I have heard. We have a couple customers that have caused accidents with them.
Pretty good pricing too.

4wheelparts 801-954-8826
1789 s Redwood.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I got your hookup, but it ain't cheap, and was probably lifted from a U.P. coal train. It's a 4 bell cast aluminum deafening piece of art. You WILL loosen bolts with this. My hookup recently told me he wants to sell it for $600. He may take less. Let me know if you're that serious.

Chevycrew

The trail horns work well with 140 psi that typical operating pressure.

There are some automotive horn kits that run that loud with lower pressure.

I think our train horns measure about 105 decibles at 100ft on low, and something around 135db on high.