Delta benchtop drill press and old Yakima roof rack

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Need this stuff gone.
The drill press was over 2 bills about 10 years ago. Good little press, I've made a lot of holes with it but I've been drilling 3/4" holes soooo much lately it's just not ideal for me so I stepped up to a bigger machine. The plate broke so I made one. It all works, including the light. $20

Yakima roof rack for gutter mount from circa 2000. Years ago the keys were lost so I cut it in a way it can operate without the locks. I've had it on a couple XJ's and it's a good little rack. Kinda beat up in a few places but if you're just looking for something to throw a canoe or something on it's perfect.
$10

image.jpg

Located in West Jordan. Text eight oh one 554 four four 8 seven.

N-Smooth

In a couple places where the plastic stuff peeled you can see some rust but it's not all over and definitely not structurally compromising. You can see it in that pic

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
What OD are the crossbars? I'd assume they could be easily replaced with some easily sourced tubing/pipe? Did you cut the mounts or the locks to sidestep the key necessity? Could I just replace the lock part with a bolt? Sorry, I'm rack-inept.

N-Smooth

I'll check it out when I get home in a bit. The crossbars really aren't in terrible shape, just worn in a couple places and rusting there. Yes they were cut to negate the use of the key. They still work as normal just without the locking function.

N-Smooth

The crossbar looks like 1.125 and yeah, I suppose you could use a bolt on the ends in place of the (non)locking piece but it's way more convenient to be able to turn it by hand IMO. If you want to add an element of anti-theft a bolt would be pretty good for that actually. Install is about the easiest thing ever but I dunno about this delivery business :)