Delta Utah

EB101

The UBC (Utah Bronco Club) put together this trip to Delta, Utah. Somehow, somebody roped Craig Stump into leading a trail the first day. Sunday the group dwindled down some and we stayed and played and broke and broke and broke more stuff at the park.

I have got to say Thanks again to Craig. Don’t ever pass up a chance to do a trail with him. He loves the sport, loves the area, and gladly shares it.

We met Saturday morning at the Millard County fairgrounds where Craig and his Son Mike checked out the rigs and decided that the Sawmill trail on Swasey Mountain was the order of the day.

Day 1 we started with 8 rigs:
Craig in his buggy
Tyler in the orange Comando
Dustin in the white Jeep
Crazy Todd in the red Jeep
Carl in the Cherokee (he left Fred home)
Wayne and John in their FS Blazer
Lowell in the yellow EB with the scoop
Me in the other yellow EB.
Dusty Sexton unfortunately couldn’t make it and was definitely missed.

Before we even really got started I was playing on the gauntlet at the park and blew a CV in my rear driveshaft and figured I was done.. It turns out that Carl had a spare driveshaft from his buggy that was nearly a perfect fit.

Sawmill turned out to be a really fun trail. It had plenty of challenging obstacles and bypasses if you needed. Amazingly, there was only some minor body damage, that is besides some narrowing and reshaping of the Blazer, one blown U-joint, and a rollover where, the way I heard it, Crazy Todd was having too much fun after we finished the trail and must have needed a little more of a rush.

Day 2 (Sunday) saw a more damage, here’s what broke.
1- 14b axle shaft
1- Dana 60 hub and spindle
1- Complete set of Dana 44 spindle bolts and stub axle
Lots of blown beads (yes bead locks must be in my future)

Here’s looking torward Swasey Mountain and the area where Sawmill goes up.
P1010183.jpg

P1010185.jpg

Pretty much everybody that tried had to be winched over the obstacle we lovingly called “Sit N Spin”, Here’s Todd being pulled over it.
P1010188.jpg

P1010189.jpg

Tyler, trying to turtle on Sit N Spin
P1010190.jpg

Here’s a video clip of Wayne trying to drive Sit N Spin, btw how do I embed the video instead of just the link?
[youtube]CX0RTijK8Ks[/youtube]

P1010192.jpg

P1010195.jpg

P1010197.jpg

P1010201.jpg

Lowell got the note that the color of the day was Yellow, here he and Tom are doing a little posing.
P1010203.jpg

Craig and Mike didn't pass up too many tests for their rig.
P1010205.jpg

P1010213.jpg

P1010214.jpg

P1010216.jpg

Here’s the Blaze about to get narrowed some.
P1010218.jpg

Last edited:

EB101

Day 2 at the Millard County Fair Park
P1010223.jpg

Carl spotting for Dustin
P1010224.jpg

P1010230.jpg

P1010231.jpg

After Dustin made it through the giant hole the axle shaft snapped then the spindle pulled off with the wheel.
P1010232.jpg

Carl checking out the flat Mudzilla
P1010233.jpg

P1010235.jpg

Check out Todd’s jeep in the distance, that’s the hole that ate Dustin’s white jeep.
P1010236.jpg

P1010240.jpg

P1010243.jpg

More posing, these are on the gauntlet
P1010245.jpg

P1010246.jpg

Last edited:

EB101

Only two Broncos in the Utah Bronco Club? :rofl:
Looks like a fun time. Fun group to wheel with. :)

Most of our Bronco Breathren were there in spirit. One was there as a passenger, another as a ... well in a Cherokee. And hey, we don't mind if a jeep or a blazer wants to hang with us once in a while.

dustybronco

www.sextonoffroad.com
Nice posts steve I wish I was able to make it, since i planned it. That was the first event this year we had more others than broncos.

FYI, The UBC has 33 Bronco owners in the club.
There are alot more out there and anyone is welcome to join. We do a monthly trail run some are hard some aren't so hard. The club is free. Next month we are Camping out on the 3rd annual UBC Hole in the Rock Trail.

EB101

What is that thing?

It's 2 teeter-totters for really, really fat kids, They put them close together enough that you can drive it. I have driven it a handful of times and it's always nerve racking when it crashes down.

Some kids don't get to go do Disney Land, others may never get to experience a teeter-totter. You've got to try it just so you can say you did.

neagtea

Supporting Member
Looks fun, Great post.
I hope to get my "8" out there soon.
Good to see the stretch TJ still looks good.
Need to get a 60 under Dustins.