Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by yellowjacket
I don't know for a fact, I just saw their tires and fender wells, it just didn't look like a good combo. One of them is running 35x14.50 Boggers on a $4,500 Factory Tubular suspension.

I'm not trying to make any enemy's, your jeep does look good.

Brent Orton has 35" SSR's on his with 4.5" of lift. But I wouldn't call his a Cherokee anymore. :)

Brents Chero-Manche.:D

MVC-016F.JPG

Here's his newest, the HERO.:D BTW, those are 33" SSRs on a stock XJ, LOTS of cutting.:D Soon as he cleared the 33s, he added the 6" RK long arms. Its getting full width Ford HP44 front and a 9" rear, full cage, and a TON of other sh!t to boot.

herofww1.JPG

More here...

xjc

I give up :(
Nice Mutt!!

LONG LIVE THE SAWZALL:D :cool:

The rock sled is not going to have any of that lift crap, just get rid of the fenders and put on some good meats.

P

pokeyYJ

I drive a '95 YJ with the 2.5L four banger, and stock everything else. This thing gets 18mpg and is awsome in the summer, (removable top, oh yeah!!!) I put a 4" lift on it and some 31's. If you wanted 33's they will fit with a 4" also. Everybody talks about how weak the Dana 35C is but I have only had one fail on me and that was while bouncing at full throttle. With the 2.5 you get fuel injection and your axles live longer. Thats just my $.02

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
go 4 the XJ or something with fuel injection. if you start with a fuel injected platform and some solid axles, you are half way to heaven!!! I am working on that darned EFI right now, now who had that damned wiring harness again?!?

yeah i was thinking a lot about getting a yj. i hear some bad stuff about the axles too, but personally i dont think there really that bad. my dad has a 87 yj with a 305 tpi engine and ran stock axles with 33s both locked. he onley had trouble when he got on the throttle a lot, they actually held up pretty well. I kinda want to get a yj but people seem to think that i cant get one thats in my price range.

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Originally posted by spencurai
go 4 the XJ or something with fuel injection. if you start with a fuel injected platform and some solid axles, you are half way to heaven!!! I am working on that darned EFI right now, now who had that damned wiring harness again?!?
Good point Spence.

Brian, sell the Kaiser and start looking for an 85 (Fuel Injected)Toy. Sounds like 4Runner would be your best bet. You know, I think Spence here actually knows where an 85 EFI toy is right now in your price range!;)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by 1968jeepthing
Hey guys, i was wandering about the GMC Jimmy or Chevy Blazer s-15. they have a good 4.3 power plant, nice 700r4 auto tranny, and a good t-case. i know the front axle sucks but i heard you can get a kit to put a solid axle in. does anyone know anyhting about this? does anyone know how much it'd cost?
-Brian

Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and admit that I once converted a s10 to solid front axles.(hanging head in shame) No, wait, it was a cool one with a 2.8 carbed and a 207 t-case. Iput cherokee axles under it with xj 3inch coils.. it flexed unbeleivable!!! But it was a major pain in the butt.... don't do it. get a fullsize Blazer.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Good point Spence.

Brian, sell the Kaiser and start looking for an 85 (Fuel Injected)Toy. Sounds like 4Runner would be your best bet. You know, I think Spence here actually knows where an 85 EFI toy is right now in your price range!;)

I've got a toy pickup on the block right now....

adventures-021.jpg

adventures-022.jpg

I am not sure if I want it or not but this guy wants 2500.....it is wayy too shiny for me to pay a premium for what it looks like!!

Vonski

nothing to see here...
VON, WHAT ARE TALKING ABOUT?!

I was trying out a little sarcasm Tobin. After having many rigs domestic and foreign, it is my opinion that a Toyota pickup or 4runner with EFI and a solid front axle is the cheapest/most reliable/most capable rig in stock form that you could get. Start modifying them and it only gets better.

A few things to consider:
good gas mileage
doors can be made quick release
no axle, tranny, tcase swaps neccessary
wheelbase
stock and aftermarket parts are plentiful
reliable/easy to maintain
front weight bias (you'll climb stuff most Jeep type rigs can't)
even stock birfs will take alot of abuse
easy to bob, for better departure angles.

Most importantly, you're going to school to become a Toyota mechanic.

oops, forgot to sign off. yeah that truck does look really sweet, too sweet for my taste. i'd be affraid to beat on it. I'm sensing lots of peer pressure to get a toyota, and i guess it would make sense since im going to school for it, but i've been taught to not give into peer presure... lol. i'm just not the toyota driver type. i enjoy spending lots of money on domestic trucks :D Now about that XJ, i've been looking in magazines and 4.5 inch lift kits onley run about 500-600 dollars. i thought they were 1500-1800?
-Brian

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
A kit for that amount probably uses blocks and or add leafs in the rear and coils/spacers in the front. Might not include the control arms either. Stock arms might work but won't give as much flex as the others. Now a RockReady 8", now your talking, flex, control, etc....but $2400 just for the parts is a little steep. I think your best bet would be a Yota, people call them budget but thats just cuz' they have most the stuff already needed to be a hard core rig...