Northern Utah Devil's Playground Black Friday

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I am heading to Devil's Playground and Rocky Pass on Friday the 28th. I know it is short notice, but my group shrunk to me and MAYBE one other, so I am opening this up to anyone on RME that wants to go exploring!

I plan to leave Kaysville at 9 am on Friday and head out across the railroad grade to Devils Playground. I will setup camp, then go explore some mines and areas around Rocky Pass.

I will be heading for home early afternoon on Sat for a family commitment, but you could easily make a weekend out of the trip.

If you like camping in the cold, don't care for Black Friday madness, and want to see some really cool areas that many in UT haven't seen, post up and join me on this trip!

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Did you make it out there?? What kind of wheelin is there at Devils Playground? I've spent a lot of time out that direction, but never actually been there. Or if I have I didn't know it!!

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I made it out and back. I'm slow at posting trip reports. There isn't much wheeling per se (zero real rock crawling), but there are tons of dirt roads to explore, and many of them are TIGHT and less traveled. The mining history out there is cool, with tons of mines to explore if you can find them and get to them.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
I made it out and back. I'm slow at posting trip reports. There isn't much wheeling per se (zero real rock crawling), but there are tons of dirt roads to explore, and many of them are TIGHT and less traveled. The mining history out there is cool, with tons of mines to explore if you can find them and get to them.

Thats what I thought. I've been out that direction a ton, but I just spent all the time on dirt roads. I was thinking maybe I had missed something. I need to get back out there ASAP. Maybe a Spring or winter shakedown for the runner will be needed out that direction.