Discount tire still good place to buy tires you will thrash on trails?

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
I've been away a few years. 6 or 7. Used to be I would buy tires new at Discount Tire, and they had a pretty good warranty regarding trail damage. $60 or so to replace with new. Is that still the case? Seems like there is a lot of places around now selling brands I've never heard of, and they are really small shops. Prices are fairly low, but maybe I should buy several spares, since there is probably no warranty. Maybe I don't need a warranty though.
Lots of online stores now, also. But then you need to find a place to mount them and hope they don't bugger them up along the way.
Costco seems to be out, I think they only mount OE size tires for your vehicle.
Pretty sure I've lost my gentle touch and will wreck some tires for a while until I get back into the swing of it.

What's the scoop on tires these days?

Bart

Big O has the same type of road hazard available and carries name brand tires along with their own line.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I buy from the Bountiful highway 89 store. Adam usually helps me. I've not had a trail thrashed tire but I've killed a few trailer tires that were under warranty, a 19" performance tire on my G8 got a puncture that killed the tire (not quite on the sidewall but close enough) and a few other things. Warranty at Discount is solid IMHO.

Coco

If you're in the American Fork area, I work at Tire Factory Point S, and we have great warranties on our tires as well.

RockChucker

I trashed 4 tires last summer. Had certs on all of them, and got all of them replaced. But, the discount told me a caveat that was new (prior to me buying the tires and certs a few years prior), if it is mounted on a beadlock, they won't warranty it.