Dishwasher rant

RogueJeepr

Here!
I have this dishwasher that leaks. Its only a few years old. Its dosent drain and need to put in a new tube to drain properly. Also having some sort of power issue. It runs for a few minutes then nothing. When trying to find the breaker, our box isnt labeled too so finding the breaker is weird . Still has power after shutting the so called kitchen breaker off.
We've been doing dishes for so long im thinking of ripping the stupid thing out and who designed the overflow to leak all over the floor. Grrrrrrr.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Dishwasher should be on its own dedicated breaker. As far as dishwashers these days quality has gone way down. Miele makes a pretty good one but you will pay for it. Almost all brands are junk and the best you can do is purchase the extended warrantees

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
So is the drain tube blocked? I don't remember anything difficult about the drain tube, it just has to rise higher than the disposal/drain so it doesnt backflow into the dishwasher.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I replaced our 20+ year old GE last week with a good used Maytag unit I found on ksl that had been upgraded with one of the stainless door models, one of our neighbors who used to own an appliance store looked it over for me before I installed it, he said that 70-80% of dishwashers these days are complete junk and are built to look better than they perform or last.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Yeah , after looking it needs a longer tube. I'll have to pull it out for that. Just gotta get the power issue figured out. Ive zapped myself once before. Dont wanna do it again. I think there is a loose connection or bad wire and finding wich breaker it is. Gone over it 3 times and still had power.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Just went through the breaker box again. Labeled most of small breakers that were blank but have 2 that I don't know what they are (im guessing down stairs plugs) .
Starting to wonder if its tied into the furnace brkr ???
Looking at a neighbors box and his or at least it was labeled that way.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Just went through the breaker box again. Labeled most of small breakers that were blank but have 2 that I don't know what they are (im guessing down stairs plugs) .
Starting to wonder if its tied into the furnace brkr ???
Looking at a neighbors box and his or at least it was labeled that way.

It will not be on the furnace. If it is, you have some seriously jacked wiring.
You will often find it with the disposal. Are you sure that it's hard wired, and not plugged in somewhere in the back?

Hit the main power to the whole house, that'll shut it off.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
It will not be on the furnace. If it is, you have some seriously jacked wiring.
You will often find it with the disposal. Are you sure that it's hard wired, and not plugged in somewhere in the back?

Hit the main power to the whole house, that'll shut it off.

My dishwasher had a plug that connected to an outlet under the sink, I thought it was a little odd.