Do we need a quick lesson on setting up RME email addresses?

Caleb

for those that dont use an email client you are welcome to use my site. This is also good for ANY POP or Imap account you have.

http://www.macjunk.org/ilohamail

the settings are the same as stated in this thread.

User ID: userID@rockymountainextreme.com
Password: XXXX (as sent to you by Greg)
Server: mail.rockymountainextreme.com
Type: POP3
Language: English (US)...actually you can choose what ever language you want :D

I get this message when i try to test setting on Outlook.

Task 'Rocky Mountain Extreme - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL-secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

:confused:

Caleb

jeepin4x4james said:

Task 'Rocky Mountain Extreme - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL-secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

if you google that error number (0x800CCC7D) you will probably get some leads as to how to fix it. Chances are its a setting in your outlook. Once I get off work I can help you find a solution to it. Also check http://support.microsoft.com especially in the knowledge base articles.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
jeepin4x4james said:

You have the option to use a SSL, secured connection, when you setup email addys. Find the little box that says SSL & uncheck it.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
mbryson said:
enter your authentication info and you should be good to go......(I can never remember my password so I just get the mail on my Groupwise account at work :embarassed: )

Can i use Groupwise for this?

I sure can't figure this out.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Kris K said:
Can i use Groupwise for this?

I sure can't figure this out.

Ummmm.....yes. Which version of Groupwise? I know in 6.5 you can do it, but I'm not sure the state government is at 6.5 level or not.

6.5 instructions

Accounts-Account Options-Add

Account Name: RME Type: POP3
Incoming Mail Server: mail.rockymountainextreme.com
Login Name: KrisK whatever Greg sent you
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.rockymountainextreme.com
E-Mail Address: ?KrisK?@rockymountainextreme.com
From Name: Kris K?

NEXT

'connect through LAN' (I guess----I don't know your environment, but I do know the state and it could be anything....:D)

NEXT

I created a new folder to keep track of mail from RME......you can do whatever.....

FINISH...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Kris K said:
No i can't figure it out. I just log into my E mail Right and look for accout info, and i can't see it?

Account info? Across the top of my GW client (6.5.3--release date of 11-18-04), I have File-Edit-View-Actions-Tools-Accounts-Window-Help

Attachments

• GW-example-post.JPG
    GW-example-post.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 13

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
mbryson said:
Account info? Across the top of my GW client (6.5.3--release date of 11-18-04), I have File-Edit-View-Actions-Tools-Accounts-Window-Help

Mine dosen't say account???

File-edit-view-actions-tools-windows-help.

What a pain.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I think this is why.

Using POP3 and IMAP4 Accounts in Online Mode

If the Accounts menu is not available in your Online Mailbox, your system administrator has specified that POP3 and IMAP4 accounts cannot be used in Online mode, or your post office is not using a GroupWise 5.5 Enhancement Pack or higher Post Office Agent.

Thats from the help section.