Do you ever get so busy that you can't think straight?

pELYgroso

'Merica
Lately, Roofing has been super slammed, StealthGear is growing like crazy, I'm trying to remodel my new house, and my kids have been sick for like a month. I need a vacation. I went snow-shoeing up to a Yert a couple weekends ago which was awesome, but there was cell reception way up there. :-\ It seems I can never get away from work. I literally worry as I'm trying to fall asleep about what I've forgotten to do that day and who I'll have to apologize to in the morning. If I could pause time, I estimate that I have around 3 weeks of full time catch-up stuff to do that would only get me to a point of going crazy with current 24/7 work instead of current/last week's/last month's catch-up. end rant. Anybody else? I'll probably check back here in around a week when I come up for air....peace.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I hear ya, I work 4 to 5 jobs depending on the week on top of helping with a 1y/o baby girl...

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Winter is my slow season, I sit around doing mostly nothing, earning no money, and going into depression. I'd say be glad to be busy. :)

ricsrx

I am with you as well, I just finished 2 weeks of hell at work, the Christmas rush is over. yesterday I left work, and not returning until after new years, told the family if any one wants to go with me on my mini vacation they can come but other wise I am going myself, I am now back in my home town of Price, the phone is off and am checking it and the computer only once a day(RME twice), I have my guns loaded, plenty of ammo and am heading out into the desert for some exploring!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yup...

You need to design an occasional exit into your system, be it an employee that can hold down the fort or a holiday closure that directs phones/emails to a 'out of office' prompt. It took me quite a few years to get to that point in my life, I've got several business/job endeavors including Cruiser Outfitters and often when I was 'out of the office' for one it just meant that I was doing the other. Fine and dandy and incoming money is always nice BUT there is so much more in life than money, built rigs, boats and shiny ATV's... particularly the ones that you can't use because you don't have the time or more specifically you don't make the time. "Next year", we hear... get ahead on the bills and "next year" we will take that big trip we wanted... Doesn't often happen as there is always a "next year" and before long your too old/tired to enjoy the trips you dreamed about doing :D I got a little heat from saying this in the past but if my culmination of wheeling trips was EJS and perhaps a trip or two out to Rattlesnake each year... I'd sell my rigs and rent one for the few weekends they get used. Save all those weekends and nights in the garage working on them and of course the related $$$ spent building them (and the time is a bigger cost to me) and find a new hobby to occupy that time. Think of it this way, you won't be sitting on your porch with your grandkids detailing the weekend you were realistic and decided to stay home and work ;)

Gary T

Yup...

You need to design an occasional exit into your system, be it an employee that can hold down the fort or a holiday closure that directs phones/emails to a 'out of office' prompt. It took me quite a few years to get to that point in my life, I've got several business/job endeavors including Cruiser Outfitters and often when I was 'out of the office' for one it just meant that I was doing the other. Fine and dandy and incoming money is always nice BUT there is so much more in life than money, built rigs, boats and shiny ATV's... particularly the ones that you can't use because you don't have the time or more specifically you don't make the time. "Next year", we hear... get ahead on the bills and "next year" we will take that big trip we wanted... Doesn't often happen as there is always a "next year" and before long your too old/tired to enjoy the trips you dreamed about doing :D I got a little heat from saying this in the past but if my culmination of wheeling trips was EJS and perhaps a trip or two out to Rattlesnake each year... I'd sell my rigs and rent one for the few weekends they get used. Save all those weekends and nights in the garage working on them and of course the related $$$ spent building them (and the time is a bigger cost to me) and find a new hobby to occupy that time. Think of it this way, you won't be sitting on your porch with your grandkids detailing the weekend you were realistic and decided to stay home and work ;)

The wise man sayeth! We should all (even/especially us old farts) heed this advise. Sometimes I could be a poster-child for how not to.

Tonkaman

I try to keep a delicate balance of work and play. Often times I'll get 70+ hours in the week without even working Saturday. I push it hard during the week so that I don't need to work on weekends and I can still have adventures without feeling guilty

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I have been feeling that way lately as well, I notice I am grumpier than normal. When I started my new Job back in march I told myself I am going to work oodles of overtime until every bill I have has been paid off (I can work unlimited amount of overtime) well in that time I paid off my tow rig and my wifes JK (the only bills we had) got paid off about a month ago. Since I owe no money on anything but my house now I feel like I can sit back and enjoy life not to mention the extra cash we have allows us to go play all the time, Since I have cut my hours back a ton I feel alot better, I have more energy and am all around a happier person