Do you have a winch?

Do you own a winch?

• Yes

Votes: 75 67.0%
  • No, nor do I plan to purchase one in the coming years.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • No, but I do plan to purchase one in the coming years.

Votes: 29 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
I'm wanting one, but it always seems like there's something higher on the list. I have it on the list for this year though.

Caleb

RockMonkey said:
My furnace and water heater are in my garage, and the builder put an idiot pole in front of them to keep me from running into them. It's a big thick steel pipe filled with cincrete, just begging to have a tow hook welded to it. :D

thats awesome, I put a concrete anchor in the floor of my garage...it was a life saver getting my buggy in and out of my garage when it wasn't running (my driveway is steep)

Caleb

to answer the question, currently no (sld it witht eh buggy) but I do plan to buy one when I get a rig again...that will be one of the first things to get bought. :cool:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Yes! Warn X8000i on the buggy. I've used it NUMEROUS times to help out others and a couple times for myself.

My parents run a XD9000i on their TJ and I think it's been used once to pull a car up onto a trailer.

Medsker

2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
I need to wheel more, I use my winch for probably 90% non-wheeling stuff. Stretching fences, holding up barn walls while they are attached, pulling out shrubs, heck last week I pulled on a 8 inch diameter tree that was leaning so we could prop it up with a 4X4 so it wouldn't push down a chain link fence. Medsker

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
One came with the Suburban, but it's on the garage floor. And there's an 8274 in there somewhere too, but it needs a new side plate.

I could answer yes AND no, because I need a big winch for the 715 still.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I don't have one, but always wanted one. It's just too much $$$ up front. I never have $800 sitting around. Heck, I'm lucky if I have $20 sitting around. I've only had to use one once, and that was getting up Eagle's Nest. Every other time I've been in a 'situation' a strap did the job. But it'd still be nice to have one around, just in case. Someday...

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have a Ramsey 12,000 on the Expedition that got used allot up in wyoming when I lived there... not so much now that I live down here in the valley of idiots.... I do need one for my CJ7 and one for the son's XJ...

And no the ramsey wasn't used to pull the expedition out...it was used to pull stupid people out of the snow drifts when they slide off the road and couldn't get out... heck once I pulled a semi out of a snow drift when he backed into it and couldn't get out....

Its slow (7fpm) but it pulls everything!!!