Does anyone on here do pest control? This could be a longshot

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I'm trying to find out how much our HOA should be paying for gopher murdering. My neighbor homie and I have killed 48 gophers on the HOA property but they hired someone to do it now and that guy is a jackwagon. He sucks. Because they hired him they don't want us to do it anymore, at all. My neighbor has bothered the HOA about it enough that they said "Why don't you and your neighbor get licensed and insured and we'll hire you?" and that has some wheels turning. But we really need an idea of what someone would charge for such a contract...

The "open space" parcel is 14.9 acres but not all of it is grass so it won't have to be managed.

TIA

1714670343066.png

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
CKGIVTNTIP7JHUZEUPERGAZPUI.jpg

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My BIL owns a large pest control business in AZ that just creeps into southern Utah. I know he has people that work under him and his licenses. I’m only guessing but I imagine he could help. He and I aren’t exactly on speaking terms right now, but I could give him your number and he could call you and talk to you about it.

The_Lobbster

I got to thinking about this, can you just straight up ask the HOA what they are paying him? If you are a member of the HOA, aren't you entitled to see what their monthly expenditures are, and where they are going?

If you could figure that out, perhaps you could undercut him, still make money, and shoot gophers?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I got to thinking about this, can you just straight up ask the HOA what they are paying him? If you are a member of the HOA, aren't you entitled to see what their monthly expenditures are, and where they are going?

If you could figure that out, perhaps you could undercut him, still make money, and shoot gophers?
The HOA is still under the control of the developer since the project is far from done. So no, we get zero insight into it. They can choose to mention it at the annual meeting but would likely just add it into landscaping costs etc. They’ve never brought up the cost of pest control before. And most importantly they just now asked us to throw out a proposal and they’ll consider it. Lame. We’re interested mainly because we care about the property but we don’t want to get licensed and insured for $0 net either.