Does anyone on here do pest control? This could be a longshot

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
It's really weird to read this thread that started just shy of 6 months ago and realize how much has changed. I never expected to become an expert at this stuff but here we are. We stay pretty busy with me going on gopher appointments (as many as 4) every day on my lunch hour and pretty often after work as well. We have the HOA contract for the year and AFAIK will be renewing (for more money) next year. I also just heard back from my city today about closing the deal on a contract for at least one park but likely more to come. So that's awesome news! I may need to look at 1099'ing some neighborhood teens next year.

All of it is good too because the wife and I just found out the effects of our company's buyout/merger are finally going to hit next year. No more bonuses for me and hers was cut drastically. It's a pretty significant hit to our wallets and I won't make up the difference with the gopher business but at least it'll help.

N-Smooth

that all looked like the same fox to me. Can you tell if they are one or many?
So we have 3 on camera at the same time a couple months ago and were able to differentiate between two of them at least because one had a fluffy tail and one had a skinny tail. Now, I’m not sure if it’s just 1 or if they all look the same. I think their den(s) might be in the power corridor and RMP just added new poles recently. So I’m concerned they were either displaced or accidentally killed. I dunno…

Or they just spread their wings and became more independent/got their own territories. Who knows?

N-Smooth

So what is your trap of choice? Obviously you are having success with it.
Spring traps from a place called getgophers.com are my go-to. I've used gopherhawks ($$$) and they're kinda neat but also harder to setup effectively and people or pets seem to knock them over or mess with them. The victor easy set traps are actually a decent trap and what I would likely recommend for a homeowner that doesn't have ongoing gopher issues. If it's ongoing, I'd get the traps I use for sure. Obviously I care about people getting their gophers and voles handled properly so I spend a decent amount of time educating people. One thing that BUGS me is when people ask their foundation-spraying pest control company to handle their gophers. The great majority of those toolbags have no idea what they're doing and still totally take advantage of people. We've been called-in to fix gopher issues that the owners have already spent hundreds on, with zero success and it bums me out. I also tell every customer that has the little solar gopher/mole repellent stakes to return them because I've killed a ton of gophers right next to those stupid things.

We've killed 196 of the little buggers so yeah, pretty successful :rofl: