Driveline help, Where to go?

diablokicks

So started tearing apart my rear driveshaft to replace the U-joints, and i noticed that another parts bearings were no good. I'm not sure what it is called, but i was told that i needed to go to a drive line shop to have it fixed. The bearings inside the round socket were all dry/fell out.

(its the roundish part on the left)
Do i need to actually go to a driveline shop? What is a good one around layton/ogden area? What is that part called? Will it be expensive? Any help/advice is appreaciated

Attachments

• driveline1.jpg
    driveline1.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 23
  • driveline2.jpg
    driveline2.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 17

lewis

Fight Till You Die
If its off a toyota I have one of those sitting around that you can have. I got mine from six states in Salt lake. If you are in ogden, Tom Woods.

diablokicks

Went to tom woods, had to replace one end of it, more $ than i was hoping for, but not too bad. Now its almost brand new.

J20 project

Your double cardan joint is worn out. Some folks call them constant velocity joints in error. Anyway, normally you van just replace the bearing(30-40 clams) but if it was that dry, odds are that it wore down the nose, requiring the yoke to be replaced. Any competent dshaft shop can do this. YOU must lubricate this bearing w/ a needle adapter on your grease gun orrrrr voila,,worn out bearing. I personally like 6states but I use the one in Evanston rather than Rock Springs due to personality conflict...
J20