jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I couldn't find the written law, but the 2011 safety inspection book says
a. REJECT when:
1) Doors are missing when not designed by the original
manufacturer to be removed.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I have just searched utah law for anything saying "vehicle door" and cannot find a law about the removal of doors...

Last edited:

thenag

Remember you also have to have mirrors.

I seem to remember it was something about if the doors were sold as an option, and wranglers for the longest time if you looked at the original window sticker did have doors listed as an option.

As far as the lip, I don't know why you wouldn't want something like that on the road, your cell phone drops out of your pocket bounces on the floor then out the vehicle breaking the window of the car next to you...

In my bronco I never considered taking the doors off, anything on that floor would roll out when you opened the door.

I think this is one of those things that that they could ticket you for but unless they had another reason to pull you over they won't hassle you.

nathan
99 xj
keeping my doors, my a/c kicks ass.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I have just searched utah law for anything saying "vehicle door" and cannot find a law about the removal of doors...

Same here I scoured the traffic code and couldn't come up with a specific code that says no doors are citable. If anyone who has recieved a ticket for this would post what code they put on the ticket that would be useful. In the meantime i'll try to track down a trooper.

My guess is they are using http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE41/htm/41_06a160100.htm code as a catch all, in which case if you fought it at all in court it would be dropped

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'd suspect it's a beadlock scenario, only place its illegal is in the safety inspection manual, which is not a law ;)

Last edited:

chans

By looking at the code and inspection it should be legal with tube doors and a mirror. If they complain about no lip put a strip of metal along the bottom of the door.

Last edited: