Jeep drop in ( lunchbox ) locker in a d35

im thinking about putting a lunchbox locker in the rearof my tj i've read a bunch of stuff about the big names lock right, aussie,spartan . but looking for some input on likes dislikes and concerns . i know im wasting my money on the d35:eek: but i'm trying to minimize the waste . any input would be great

rholbrook

I have an Aussie. It works but does click as I go around corners. I have broken axles and it has held together. I may have it for sell here shortly as I have found a D44 that I am getting ready to install.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
You're welcome! Used is better, too ;) Pin and spring sets are CHEAP! So if that's all that is wrong, don't let that stop you from buying it. I'm pretty sure the Aussie uses the same pin/spring set as Lockrite's. If not, you'd need to get it from Aussie. But you'll need to talk to someone with experience with both, and that's not me. I have 0 experience with Aussie's.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Both the Aussie and Lock Rights are great when properly installed you can't go wrong with either. As for the Genuine Gear Quick Loc... :ugh:

I don't know the GG Quick Loc, but knowing GG, it's a rebrand. Maybe Detroit EZ Locker? I say that because 4WP was real big into the EZ Locker....

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I don't know the GG Quick Loc, but knowing GG, it's a rebrand. Maybe Detroit EZ Locker? I say that because 4WP was real big into the EZ Locker....

Rumor has it they are a Detroit EZ, but I think that they are the ones that didn't pass QA. That's the only explanation i can think of as I have not seen one last more than a few weeks without stripping the teeth right off. I saw one once that had a "not for off road or high horsepower applications" tag in the box :rolleyes:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Rumor has it they are a Detroit EZ, but I think that they are the ones that didn't pass QA. That's the only explanation i can think of as I have not seen one last more than a few weeks without stripping the teeth right off. I saw one once that had a "not for off road or high horsepower applications" tag in the box :rolleyes:

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, the EZ locker itself was never a good lunchbox locker anyway?

Tacomaguy

lockrights last a good 3-5 years depending on the use and when they wear out you just replace the springs and pins inside of it my buddy is running 40"s with lockrights and never had a problem with the locker.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Ive tried all three, and had the best luck with the lock-rite, but I would never agian put a locker in a d35, add traction to a d35 and they just deteriorate, bent tubes, spun tubes, broken shafts, I would lock the front and start saving for a d44 or 8.8 for the rear. a d35 may actually last a bit if you dont lock it.