dt3000

Tumbler

All for a 92 yj with 33"
What do people think of dt3000 shocks??
And what are the top recommended leaf springs for spring under?
would you recommend shackle reversal kit or revolver shackles?
Thanks all
-Rob

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Doeshtech (however you spell it) are ok, but nothing great.

My opinion, I'd buy a 4" Rubicon Express lift with their monotubes and install it with a shackle reversal.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I have the DT3000's on the front of my YJ. They are just alright. nothing special. I would also go with the RE springs. I have heard nothing but good about them.

ewander

Skyjacker leaf springs flex great! The DT3000's that I had on my YJ wore out fast.

I really enjoyed my RE springs and RE monotube shocks....

ALF

SURE!?
All for a 92 yj with 33"

would you recommend shackle reversal kit or revolver shackles?
Thanks all
-Rob

street or trail only...I have revolvers front and rear and they can react quite strangly I wouldn't want them if i drove my Jeep on the street

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I loved my BDS 3.5" springs. Each eye has military wrap and their warranty can't be beat. Don't know anything about the DT shocks though.

RKCRWLR

I had little luck with the DT3000s. However, I ran the DT8000s (Prerunner) on a 93 YJ SOA and loved them. They litterally had 30K offroad miles on them and were still going strong, minus the paint. I run the RE Monos on the LJ now. With soft springs (RE 4.5), the REs simply did not get the job done. With stiffer springs now (RE 5.5), they work well. With leafs, I expect the RE monos would work great.

Ditto DevinB on the BDS springs. I tend to be an RE guy, but the BDS springs are awesome. I ran Superlift, Rough Country, Skyjacker, and BDS when the YJ was SUA. Skyjackers were good. BDS were outstanding. The other two were (self imposed bleep here).

Last edited:

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I had little luck with the DT3000s. However, I ran the DT8000s (Prerunner) on a 93 YJ SOA and loved them. They litterally had 30K offroad miles on them and were still going strong, minus the paint. I run the RE Monos on the LJ now. With soft springs (RE 4.5), the REs simply did not get the job done. With stiffer springs now (RE 5.5), they work well. With leafs, I expect the RE monos would work great.

I'm about to get some shocks for my Wrangler. I'm SOA on flat springs. My problem is that I'm running an extra main leaf in the otherwise stock front leaf pack and the rears are Full Traction HD 0" lift spring. It's surprisingly stiff for being SOA on flat springs. Would you still recommend the DT8000's over the RE monotubes?