Dudes on Spike TV powerblock actors?

Cherokeester

I am in a discussion here about the people on shows like Trucks, Extreme 4x4, Horsepower TV, Musclecar etc. Are they actors or real mechanics? I know Ian from Extreme seems to be somewhat the real deal because he posts over on Pirate. What about the rest?

Badger

I am the Brute squad
actually both Ian and Jessi are mechanics. Ian used to be a high school shop teacher for automotive .Jesse went to Wyotech for i think engine and chassis .

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Hey!!
Yea, they flew 8 of us to Nashville for the a weekend to interview. Rob/Rob UROC comp guys from Florida, a guy that worked at Rockstomper, monster truck dude from NY, Jesse and Ianand a couple others. Ian was a shop teacher in Canada. Basically the explanation we all got was that Jesse and Ian fit well together on screen. I felt like they were the ones with the least conections in the industry and would pimp what ever the sponsor wanted them too....
No big deal though....Who wants to live in Nashville for $32K a year!!:p

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
actually both Ian and Jessi are mechanics. Ian used to be a high school shop teacher for automotive .Jesse went to Wyotech for i think engine and chassis .

Jesse did go go WyoTech, she graduated while I was there... never knew her personally cause she was a day student, I was night student. but had a few friends that had hung out with her. I think she was actually on the Overhaulin' show they did at the Tech (first year of the show) before she went to Extreme 4x4...

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Funny thing there....They (producers) have softened and girly'd her up a LOT. She's a cool girl, but looked nothing like she does now when we were all there for the screen test.

Also note that Wyo-Tech is a MAJOR sponsor of the shows;)

...She's even been girly'ed up some since I first saw her on the shows I think.... Nice to look at, but her voice is annoying! Sounds like she is constantly screaming, but she's quiet :shudder:

...Oh yeah, major sponsor.... I bet they get a lot of people joining because of that show!

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Don't want to sound like "sour grapes" but....

After spending some time there and talking to the producer and owners it really seemed even MORE like a thinly disguised infomercial then it does when you are watching it. Projects were FULLY sponsor driven for pimpage!

Ian from Xtreme

Don't want to sound like "sour grapes" but....

After spending some time there and talking to the producer and owners it really seemed even MORE like a thinly disguised infomercial then it does when you are watching it. Projects were FULLY sponsor driven for pimpage!

Hey Marc,

You know that isn't true. Do we have a list of sponsors who we like to use, sure. But seriously who wouldn't want to run Bilstien or King shocks on a project?