e Mountain bikes...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
So as I'm moving from East Stabbington to Gastown, I had all of my bikes locked up with a cable in a locked shed. That wasn't enough, so someone got all of my bikes and all of my kids rc cars.

I hadn't been on my old Jamis defcon 3 Enduro bike in 3 years mostly because of time... No time to get into shape to ride up a hill, and can't justify the expense of lift service.

I'm thinking I may get an e Mountain bike so some of the longer trails are more accessible. What's good? I'm surprised at the discounts out there there (there's a brand new s-works kenevo bike in my size for 4k, and that's probably about what I'll have to spend from the insurance). That's more of a downhill bike it looks like, with a smaller battery. I think maybe the specialized levo might be a more versatile bike with more battery and more assistance but still enough suspension to do some downhill (I'm not particularly aggressive... Being top heavy and all).

Does anyone have experience with these? Rocky mountain has some in the range, gravity etc

Do people like the mixed wheelset stuff (29 front 27.5 back).

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Do people like the mixed wheelset stuff (29 front 27.5 back).
So the idea behind these is that you get the better rollover and traction in front where it counts but a little less weight and better acceleration due to the smaller size in back. For a casual rider I don't think it matters much one way or the other. I don't know of any compelling reasons NOT to ride a mullet off the top of my head - I wouldn't avoid one if the bike was right otherwise, but I wouldn't go out of my way to shop for one either.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I have a Santa Cruz Heckler in the 29 variety. I had a mullet Bronson and I wish I had bought a mullet Heckler.

My buddy has the Specialized Levo in Aluminum and it's a mullet. He's paid 60% of what I paid and his bike was a blast to ride when we swapped on a ride. I love my Heckler, but you can't go wrong with a Levo. They are a riot.

I rode an Orbea Rise. They are really light and fun, but smallish battery. If you can get a good deal on one, you won't be disappointed in it either.

You're welcome to take my Heckler for a ride to see if it's too your liking. I'm sure you can get a great deal on slightly used bikes right now.

Last edited:

rholbrook

I have two, both 29ers. Giant e-Trance and a Giant e-Stance. I like them both. Supposedly you can get approx 80 miles on them. I have never been caught with a dead battery. Have you ridden one @Cody ? Want to meet at BobSled? I will bring the extra for you to ride. They are a lot of fun

RockChucker

I have a transition sentinel (not e-bike) that I love. I noticed they recently came out with a lightweight e-bike that can also be ridden like a normal bike when taking out the battery. Pretty slick. I don’t plan to get an e-bike anytime soon, but the concept of this bike appeals to me. Can be ridden as a normal bike where e-bikes are banned.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Still riding an analog bike but I rented a turbo levo and rode the wasatch crest, 26 miles in 2 hours flat and went to play golf afterwards. One of the most fun experiences on a bike.
That's what I'm talking about!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I have two, both 29ers. Giant e-Trance and a Giant e-Stance. I like them both. Supposedly you can get approx 80 miles on them. I have never been caught with a dead battery. Have you ridden one @Cody ? Want to meet at BobSled? I will bring the extra for you to ride. They are a lot of fun
Ya maybe. I have a bunch of house work to get done to get a house ready to sell, but hopefully after this week that will calm down. That's a very generous offer!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Rose park would be a down grade from sugarhood, and NSL doesn’t have enough diversity for such a modern person and Cody.

🤣
Ya, nsl.

And you're totally right.. Maybe it's just that we're the new people on the block, but I feel like we totally stick out up here. Maybe we shouldn't have put our pride flag out on the first day ha ha.

There's a family a couple houses down with 6 kids. The first thing they asked is what ward we came from, and now when my kids are out playing in the little park across the way, those kids leave. Granted, small sample size and could be purely coincidence, but it's wild how their welcoming tone turned into surprise and indifference. They almost couldn't get out of the conversation fast enough lol.

Now I sit on my porch listening to hip hop in a tank top while drinking beer just so they all know who runs the place.

Also, it's a townhome complex, and I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest person here.

It was kind of an experiment because we like a lot of the homes on the hill there in Bountiful/nsl. Cool mid mods with character, so we wanted to get a feel for it before we started looking more seriously. We'll see how the next year plays out, but so far my wife isn't so impressed. It is a bigger place though, so my kids like having their own rooms.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
There's a couple homes down here in Val Verda land you could take a look at. One on the corner immediately across from Thyme and Seasons seems like a pretty cool place to me. Never been in it so hard to say for sure

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
There's a couple homes down here in Val Verda land you could take a look at. One on the corner immediately across from Thyme and Seasons seems like a pretty cool place to me. Never been in it so hard to say for sure
I've heard that thyme and season place slaps.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
There are several fun Mtn Bike trails n NSL. Wild Rose is fantastic for doing loops. Muller Park is awesome on an ebike. Lost Lad is a grind to get to, even on an ebike, but it's pretty fun too.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've heard that thyme and season place slaps.

I've not been in there so obviously I haven't been slapped. Not sure I'm into that? I have heard Thyme and Season's pretty tasty but my wife is hesitant to give it a shot.

@ebryson and I did partake of some decent/solid "Mexican" Sat afternoon. Green Chile House @ 386 N Redwood Rd STE 107, North Salt Lake, UT 84054 will be partaken of again.

Last edited: