e Mountain bikes...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Anyone have any feelings about this bike? Seems like pretty high end components for the price...

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Thanks to this thread, I found myself randomly searching for E-bike reviews on YT. I ended up finding Tail Happy TV, the channel where a guy named Matt tries out EV bikes and puts them through their paces. The dude has serious Spicoli vibes, and he lives in Los Angeles. This is a plus, because he typically rides these bikes all over--and I mean all over--the LA valley while reviewing them. He tests ultimate range, top speed, acceleration, torque output for low-speed hill climbing, etc. The guy seems pretty cool. Check him out if you are curious.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Anyone have any feelings about this bike? Seems like pretty high end components for the price...

Looks like a solid choice. I’m more concerned about the vendor than the bike…? A quick google search sounds like upway sells refurb bikes, but this one says it’s new. Curious why it’s 50% off 🤷‍♂️

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Looks like a solid choice. I’m more concerned about the vendor than the bike…? A quick google search sounds like upway sells refurb bikes, but this one says it’s new. Curious why it’s 50% off 🤷‍♂️
They do have quite a few used bikes and bikes with blems. My guess is that the etroy was totally redesigned in 2023 and maybe bike shops had a hard time selling through the older design? Was the older design problematic? Would I even know? Chances are the design and suspension are way nicer on this than my 8 year old entry level Jamis defcon 3.

This one has a nicer component package for $300 more.

J Kimmel

I e seen a LOT of bikes on huge sale. It’s not like it was 3 years ago. Even Specialized e-bikes are on massive sale