Easy trails, SLC?

StevenS10

Hey, I'm not new to off-roading, but I've never owned my own 4x4 before. I just bought a '95 Cherokee, no mods yet, and want to try it out. Also, I'm recently married, and she's never been off-road. I moved here when I married her. So where do we go around SLC, say 20 miles or so? Thanks!

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Yep. In the winter 5-mile is about it.

We often go out via Cedar Fort and play for a while, then make the loop through Tooele on the way home.

StevenS10

Thanks guys! I got it temp-tagged yesterday, waiting for the new starter solenoid from Omix-Ada to arrive. I'd be happy to make it a 2-vehicle trip, or more if anyone else happens along. My work lets me turn loose anytime, but my weekends are usually full.

Utahtrucker

I just don't trust the pirelli scorpian all terrain tires on the truck.the rubber is too soft. The tires are all terrain for the asphalt jungle, never tried them out in mud or snow,other than the streets.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I just don't trust the pirelli scorpian all terrain tires on the truck.the rubber is too soft. The tires are all terrain for the asphalt jungle, never tried them out in mud or snow,other than the streets.

I had scorpions on my Grand Cherokee. Decent street manors but they weren't the best off road. Mine also gave me some nasty death wobble at the end of their tread life