eh..... a build up thread

skittles

well this is somewhat of a build up, i am rebuilding a 22re from a 91 2wd pickup and putting the motor and cab and bed on my 86 4wd frame that has marlins sas. after i get the motor in i'm gonna get some super axles, dual cases, weld on bead locks, weld the rear and put my aussie in the front, then i'm going to bob the bed dove tail the rear possibley the front too and building a full exo. here some pics of what i've got done already.

-trent

first 2 are when i bought it
second 2 are after the solid axle swap and the rest are the build in progress
and nobody laugh at my redneck lift haha i don't have a lift or air tools give me a break

Attachments

• Image010.jpg
    Image010.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Image011.jpg
    Image011.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Imag.jpg
    Imag.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 14
  • car rebuild 001.jpg
    car rebuild 001.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 19
  • car rebuild 015.jpg
    car rebuild 015.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 29
  • car rebuild 016.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 17
  • car rebuild.jpg
    car rebuild.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 17
  • car rebuild 014.jpg
    car rebuild 014.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 18
  • car rebuild 020.jpg
    car rebuild 020.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 20

skittles

thanks i'm hoping to get it all done by easter i need to roll in my other frame but i need like 8 people to help me carry the cab outside and put it on the side of my house.

-trent

skittles

i plan on keepin it updated i will take pics of everything i do. comments are greatly appreciated. thanks

-trent

skittles

well i have to wait for the cash flow before i can finish rebuilding the 22re so i pushed that truck out into the street and i pulled in my 86 4x4 to start tearing it apart. i have disconnected mostly everything from the body, i pulled off the bed, gas tank, rear shocks, and then cut the frame down to prep for bobbing. i have a couple pictures. within the next week i'm gonna rip the motor out of this one and then pull the body off then i get to put the other body on here and start fabbin all the fun stuff up. i gotta get my rear shocks remounted and then the bed bobbed and dove tailed it's coming alone.

-trent

p.s. there are also a couple pics of why everything is moving slower my 3 day old baby boy.

Attachments

• Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Image023.jpg
    Image023.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Truck 2.jpg
    Truck 2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Truck 3.jpg
    Truck 3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

pELYgroso

'Merica
congrats on the new addition to the family. Is that truck really dirty or just really scratched up?? Nice project! Definetely keep us posted!

skittles

my cab is actually really really "clean" but when my truck broke down i had just been through a big mud puddle so it's COVERED in mud. and the day i pushed it in the work on it it was like 30 degrees outside so i couldn't really spray it off or i'd be workin on a snowman. haha. and thanks guys for the congrats.

-trent

skittles

ok well today i got off my lazy butt and started putting the motor back together. i got the crank in and 3 pistons. (most frustrating part) the LAST piston will not go in the ****************ING HOLE!!! there is no word that can express the amount of anger that dwells within me at this time. so i tried screwin around with the rings, and one of them broke so now i have to buy a new set that won't be here til tomorrow and it was like 40 bucks. OMG i am so pissed. the piston ring compressor that i am using is a piece of **** that's why it's not workin well i think. but still i'm sooo mad. so i'll post up some pics when i get the new rings and get the rest of it startin back together.

-trent

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Sorry to say this but, Don't Skimp on the Right Tools! A good quality tool will respect you as much as you respect it.

skittles

yes pistons fit perfect alone, rings fit fine alone. piston with rings on does not fit well. haha. i had to rent a spring compressor from auto zone. and it sucks. i just need to get that last piston in damn it. OMG. well the new rings will be here tomorrow so i will get the last piston in, and the head on. timing chain, cover, water and oil pump, cam, and prolly intake mani, all tomorrow. then go party at night. but i will take pics and keep you guys posted.

-trent

p.s. shawn this is the truck that is awaitin the exo.

skittles

and what with the rebuild kit i bought from enginblder. it has sooo many gaskets and **** that i can't figure out where they go. haha it's funny. i feel dumb haha

-trent

skittles

here are a couple pics of my progress. and my ghetto engine stand. haha. well here it is and i should be done soon enough. engine has maybe an hour left and it's done then i gotta prep the 86 to get the new engine and cab and i have to get bobbin the bed and puttin my new leafs on an my beadlocks, and axles, and t cases. and WOW i have a lot of work to do haha. well here's some pics .

-trent

skittles

HOLY POST RESURRECTION.

well i stopped workin on my truck for a long time and now i'm back at it again. the motor is all done and put back together the oil pan and the accessories is all that awaits. so i got the 86 and i took the cab off, pulled the motor, pulled the trans it's just a frame now kind of cool haha. i pressure washed the frame to get all the grease and grime off and then we put it back now i'm gonna throw the 22re in that frame with my trans and then throw the 91 cab on and start pluggin **** back together. should be done shortly an ready for wheelin

-trent

p.s. will have pics shortly