EJS 2021 Canceled (update: it's back on)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Ha ha, I don't know. Seems like 99-2000 was when I decided it was kinda silly. But I got into rock crawling to get away from people, so congregating with more people always felt counterintuitive.

Then rock crawling got cool, so I started just doing more remote camping.

Now camping is cool again so I'm trying to get back into rock crawling. I'm such an influencer.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Ha ha, I don't know. Seems like 99-2000 was when I decided it was kinda silly. But I got into rock crawling to get away from people, so congregating with more people always felt counterintuitive.

Then rock crawling got cool, so I started just doing more remote camping.

Now camping is cool again so I'm trying to get back into rock crawling. I'm such an influencer.
For me it was about 2006 that I decided it was waaaaay to crowded and stopped going down. Then I went back in 2014 and had a good time despite it being mainly $100,000 modified JKUR bump wimps on the trails. Then 2015 I was severely annoyed with the trail leadership and again, the bump wimps, so I stopped going again.
That said, I tell everyone who asks me about 4-wheeling to go to Moab. I want every Californian, Canadian, and Kazakhstani to think that the only place to go wheeling in ALL of Utah is Moab.

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Don't get me wrong, I was part of the problem as far as Moab city is concerned. I still went a couple of times in the early 2000s, but it was mostly to pull my drunk friends down main street on big wheeled skateboards behind my buggy looking for chicks. The only trail I recall even trying to do during safari was Pritchett and I didn't even make it to drop in the wash before I almost fought some asshole for driving off trail to get around a jeep that was parked in line strapping down a cooler.. Just to get 1 vehicle forward. After that I just avoided Moab on any holiday weekend.

Bart

For me it was about 2006 that I decided it was waaaaay to crowded and stopped going down. Then I went back in 2014 and had a good time despite it being mainly $100,000 modified JKUR bump wimps on the trails. Then 2015 I was severely annoyed with the trail leadership and again, the bump wimps, so I stopped going again.
That said, I tell everyone who asks me about 4-wheeling to go to Moab. I want every Californian, Canadian, and Kazakhstani to think that the only place to go wheeling in ALL of Utah is Moab.
Jeez Stephen, was that you joined my group on Hell's Revenge? I hope I didn't kill your EJS buzz. :rofl:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Jeez Stephen, was that you joined my group on Hell's Revenge? I hope I didn't kill your EJS buzz. :rofl:
Wasn't you, you always do a great job. It really was the tool who led Fin's that year. My dad and I were gunning and this guy just kept plugging his business on the radio and at stops. He had his buddies in the group and they kept going off trail. When I confronted them they just whined to the leader who told me that since they were the trail sponsors, we need to give them some slack. Dude was a joke. I wrote a letter to the RR4W's about his behavior, but never heard back and he was leading trails again the next year.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Wasn't you, you always do a great job. It really was the tool who led Fin's that year. My dad and I were gunning and this guy just kept plugging his business on the radio and at stops. He had his buddies in the group and they kept going off trail. When I confronted them they just whined to the leader who told me that since they were the trail sponsors, we need to give them some slack. Dude was a joke. I wrote a letter to the RR4W's about his behavior, but never heard back and he was leading trails again the next year.
That would have been Graves... he plugged his business (Idead offroad) like no other. He pays money into RR4W and thinks he can do what he wants. He lives in Farmington.