Electrical Supply House in SLC? (Custom Battery Cables, etc)

Subject basically says it all. Not too odd a list I suppose. For an engine swap I need to wire up custom alternator and starter cables pretty much...

I know electrical supplies are all over the place. Do people have recommendations on an electrical supply that could be considered similar to an Evco House of Hose or similar, and one that is not ridiculously priced versus others. Last time I was sourcing odd bits for electrical I found the prices were all over the place...

I need:

• Probably about 6 feet of 00 gauge (thick/starter worthy)
  • Copper tabs for the end of them
  • Probably about 8 feet for the 8 gauge.
  • Tabs for the 6 or 8 gauge
  • Heat Shrink for the 6/8 gauge and the 00

thanks,
Andre

Last edited:
I counted all the stops I made today pushing about 18 for all sorts of stuff. Best I found were Intermountain Electric (which wasn't too bad) but S & H was definitely the best, best prices, get as much as you want etc... Definitely where I'll go again. Their 0/1 was less than $3 a foot. At Intermountain their stuff was high quality Philips brand but $4.33 a foot for basically the same stuff.

Everything I ended up getting was really clean so I'm psyched.. I also found a 8 gauge "heavy duty component kit" at Sears of all places for about $5 to wire up the alternator. That was a good deal as well... I got this with my battery, managed to spend about $700 on all the fittings and hoses and engine freshen up parts etc.. The little things really do get you pretty well on any engine swap.

Fleet Lite was expensive and had some good fuse boxes but that was about it. I actually had a lot of trouble with places selling only bulk. Alpine for example was over $5 a foot on 0/1 and it was 25 foot rolls only...

thanks guys

Last edited:

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
S&H Terminal... OMG! I needed a few more feet of #4 AWG, butt splices, and ring connectors. And they crimped everything and heat shrink wrapped the butt splices... $4

I said, "was that $14 or $40?" Guy at the counter: "Nope, $4" Hell Yeah!

I didn't ever make it to Codale..

I was also really hoping to find a local place that had good displays or products on wiring with good fuse panels etc which I never found. The one place (Fleetlite) had it in the back room, and also ridiculously expensive other than their circuit breaker boxes...

So, I also just did a big order from Waytek also. Two of the bussman fuse/relay holders and then all the bits. 10 micro relays, and this all about about $75 a fuse panel for all the connectors etc (which is pretty expensive). But they are sweet, small, really swanky, and even water proof. So I'm excited. Considering I was spending probably $5-$10 for each non waterproof relay setup I think this is pretty good if you ask me...

I also ordered a complete set of Carling Cordura rockers and the bits that go inbetween and the wiring aspects as well. About $60 in stuff but I am also pretty exited about this as well... These are what ARB rockers are... High quality.. :)