electrician tech

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I am not an electrician, but I do know how to wire stuff up without getting cooked. Im hanging some security lights on the outside of my house, and have a couple questions.

In my attic, there is an unused circuit for the swamp cooler that was never installed. The house has central air, so it was never needed. The circuit was wired in when the house was built, its a single run of wires going into a box. It's not live. It would be ideal for my light project.

Q- In a typical new construction type of wiring job, where would this circuit most likely go? I need to get juice to it. There is not an extra breaker spot in the box, and no breakers are turned off.

TIA

Last edited:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
LOL...good to know

On a side note, thought I would review these lights real quick
http://www.lightinguniverse.com/sec..._g741068.html?linkloc=cataLogProductItemsName

Costco has them in stock for 159.99 minus an instant rebate of 20 bucks. $139.99

They track movement, and either record a 20 second video or takes stills of the perp each time the motion detector is tripped. I hung the first one a couple weeks back, and its been working great. The 1G sd card can hold up to 500 20 second videos, when its full, it starts overwriting the oldest ones. So theres really no need to pull the card unless you have something suspicious taking place. If you are looking for a security light, I would definitely recommend these.