Enclosed trailers...

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I haven't yet. I've looked at a few different dealers so far and while I'm really liking the idea of a 6x10-6x12 I'm still kind of leaning towards a 5x8. I don't want to struggle with my towcoma every time I tow it around. Right now, I'm really leaning towards the Look trailers.

I still need to go chat with rholbrook's buddy and see what he can do.

Cool, only you know what'll work for you. FWIW, for years I towed my enclosed with my '02 non-supercharged 190 HP Taco and it weighed in at 3200 lbs. empty. Granted, I was running bigger rotors and calipers, a big tranny cooler, airbags, and a trailer brake controller, but it did surprisingly well. Your new Taco is a much more stout truck and has way more power, so you can certainly pull any of the options you've listed.

Caleb

Thanks Von. I'm pretty sure I'll end up with one of the larger trailers as I know I'll be pissed every time I load my bike in the little 5x8 and I hit my head because I can't stand-up :) I also do like the space they provide as I have always planned to have some shelves/racks for gear and bike supplies. Doing that in a 5x8, while I think it would be doable still, would make for a very cramped trailer.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Iffin I were shopping again, I'd go 6x10. Especially if I were only concerned about 1 or 2 bikes.

Caleb

That's good to know. I'm still debating. The cost difference is only a couple hundred bucks and the weight difference is negligible.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
If you have not already checked with them, call Jeff with Castle Country RV here in Price. He has been selling his Haulmarks at pretty good prices......on his enclosed, he is more focused on turning volume as profit per unit. The enclosed trailer business is pretty cut throat and dealers can get better deals on the back end based on their volume. Tell him I told you to call. 801-360-7829

Caleb

Ok, I want some more opinions...especially from you who use/have used your enclosed for motorcycles and motorcycle accessories :D

Which would you prefer for the nose of the trailer and why?

Option A:

post-424169-14210438777444.jpgpost-424169-14210438907169.jpg

Option B:

post-385695-0-09474400-1391369456.jpg

Not identical to either, but similar. Enclosed (lockable) cabinets with some smaller side shelves or shelves for the full front?

rambrush

Another option for smaller trailers that the front unit won't work in is to use the E-Track with accessories. There is quite a selection out there and also the capability to make shelves that can hold the required items.