Engine info for Shawn and whoever else......

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by harkinoff
why don't you bag that toy stuff and go with a 4.3 tbi chev:confused:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I can keep my stock Tranny, Radiator, Motor Mounts and much more with the 7MGE. Replacing all that with a 4.3 Swap is big $$.

Plus, it makes 200hp.... real close to the 4.3. It's not a huge Torque machine, like the 4.3, but I don't need lowend.... I got 108 to 1!!! The main reason behind this swap is for useable power on the road. The 22R with 108 to 1 was fine offroad, but getting up to speed with a tired 22R wasn't fun.

Plus, it's diffrent! There are only a handful of 7MGE's in 4x4's. I like having something uncommon!

SuperRunner

Turbo is my middle name
why don't you bag that toy stuff and go with a 4.3 tbi chev:confused:

matter of opinion here, but I would have to ask myself..... Why would I want to put a chevy 4.3 into a toyota. If I can stay toyota....I will.

Hey greg, you got that motor yet? If not, bag it. Nate just took the 7MGE out of his supra. Was going to put it in his 83, but decided to go 7MGTE instead. He will be getting his motor this tuesday. $750 shipped to the shop, that even comes with turbo, and power steering pump, and a 1 year warranty.

Anyway, he is selling his 7MGE, ECU, and harness. Only problem, is that the motor needs new bearings and rings. I have a crank ready to go. Already turned and polished. $60 for crank w/exchange. $120 for clevite main and rod bearings from NAPA. I think another $40 for rings. I don't know exaclty how much he wants for the motor and ECU, but I bet not much.

Just spoke to him...$250 for motor, ecu and harness.

Greg

Admin
Too late.... I sent the money last week and it's supposed to ship tomorrow (Monday.) Thats a good deal though!

Hey, what's the best publication for an assembly diagram of a 7MGE? FSM?

SuperRunner

Turbo is my middle name
hehe........, In my head.

But, when I don't know something, I consult the haynes book. If that can't help me, I go to the dealer, and have them print or copy the stuff I neen.

xjc

I give up :(
Originally posted by Greg
Too late.... I sent the money last week and it's supposed to ship tomorrow (Monday.) Thats a good deal though!

Hey, what's the best publication for an assembly diagram of a 7MGE? FSM?

hey greg, have you ever used alldata.com? I have and realy liked it. Its especially good for electrical stuff. Its a company that put the factory service manuals online. I think they charge 25 a year for one car. You can look the stuff up and print out what you need. Better than having a huge service manual laying around. Anyway, my .02 cents

harkinoff

something to do...
Originally posted by SuperRunner

matter of opinion here, but I would have to ask myself..... Why would I want to put a chevy 4.3 into a toyota.

yes matter of opinion here. I went totally chevy in my scout, the parts are cheaper and everywhere... that and out perform anything International built:D

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by xjc

hey greg, have you ever used alldata.com? I have and realy liked it. Its especially good for electrical stuff. Its a company that put the factory service manuals online. I think they charge 25 a year for one car. You can look the stuff up and print out what you need. Better than having a huge service manual laying around. Anyway, my .02 cents

I'm very familar with AllData, we had the program at a shop I worked at and it was worth it's weight in GOLD! I'll remember that!

SuperRunner

Turbo is my middle name

matter of opinion here, but I would have to ask myself..... Why would I want to put a chevy 4.3 into a toyota.

yes matter of opinion here. I went totally chevy in my scout, the parts are cheaper and everywhere... that and out perform anything International built:D

I said toyota, not scout. That is a whole nother bag of worms. I have played with scouts before. I am not too impressed with thier stock powerplants and drivetrains

Bones

I have played with scouts before. I am not too impressed with thier stock powerplants and drivetrains
Now say that to an IH fan and you get a pissin' match on your hands. A friend is building one at the moment and is a kid with ADD when I talk Toyota. I can't keep his attention, it's all "Jap Crap"...lol

Oh and by Scout do mean "boy" scouts having poor power plants and drivetrains or "IH" Scouts :p ;)

SuperRunner

Turbo is my middle name
oh, sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I ment design.

The scout stuff is pretty good, no doubt about that, I just hate working on it. I absolutly do not like the design. Something about the direct clutch just bugs me.

But then again, look at the 3 on the tree setup for the landcruiser. Had one of those. That just really sucks. hehe :D

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Herzog
Nice Greg!! If he shipped it Monday, that was super quick!!!

He did get out on Monday. Forward Air rocks!!! :D

It is about time. Was worried there for a bit.

You're not the only one..... :eek:

The Head is still at Strausburg, I'll be putting the 6 cyl on the engine stand today and tearing out the 22RE tomorrow. :D