engine swap shops

4biker

Exhaust, trans adapter, possibly drive lines extended and shortened, shifter adjustment, fuel lines/ pressure, air intake, ignition wiring, Oxygen sensors, computer mounting, radiator supports and mounts, hoses, motor mounts, steering hydro lines, oil pan clearance

Just a few minor details that add up...

Engine is the cheapest investment.

Preventing it from overheating, having exhaust leaks, passing emissions will cost the green backs..

Good luck

Engine is the cheapest part

I'm sensing a theme here :D

Do It Yourself great learning experience and you will know your rig inside and out.

That may be my only option, so I'll have to decide what I want to do. I think it would be a blast, but the divorce papers would almost fill themselves out...

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I bought a 2003 4th Gen 4Runner with 45k on odo 3 months ago. It has the 4.7 2uz and the thing is a rocket!:D
Also just bought a 04 double cab Tacoma and it was more expensive and has none of the rocket power. :(

4biker

I bought a 2003 4th Gen 4Runner with 45k on odo 3 months ago. It has the 4.7 2uz and the thing is a rocket!:D
Also just bought a 04 double cab Tacoma and it was more expensive and has none of the rocket power. :(

Yep, it's a quandary.

RockChucker

The engine really is the cheapest part. With my 5.3 I bet everything else to make it run and work out cost the engine 7 or 8:1. And do it yourself. It is quite a feeling when you fire it up for the first time.

4biker

[video=youtube;-I7R-6h7xlw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I7R-6h7xlw[/video]

This could be you!

I've studies all 36 pages of his long build thread. He has a shorter one too (prob the uzswap link) that I've been over a hundred times too. There's one on Yotatech as well that I've asked him to post up a general parts list for 3.4-uz swap.

edit: the scariest thing I've seen is that big nest of wires hanging out of where his glove box used to be. That makes me want to curl up into a ball and think happy thoughts.