ESD pads

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I know some of you guys are up to speed on this stuff. I'm about to get jiggy with a circuit board, and trying to spend the bare minimum because I probably won't do this again in, like, ever. Do I need to invest in a spiffy official ESD pad and wrist strap, or can I ground a sheet of aluminum and just ground myself to the sheet while I'm working?

Here's the project, for the curious: http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/zeal_daughterboard_assembly.htm

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
A set of jumper cables between your nipples will work just fine.

Don't post pictures though. We don't want to see that.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I think I have the little wrist strap and wire you need, just need to figure out what to ground your wrist too. :cool:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
A set of jumper cables between your nipples will work just fine.

Don't post pictures though. We don't want to see that.

I don't even want to see that.

I think I have the little wrist strap and wire you need, just need to figure out what to ground your wrist too. :cool:

Oh, are you supposed to plug those into something? Please tell my frame techs. :D

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Reading your quote makes me sad. :( I'm disappointed in myself for using the wrong "to". (too) I'm two good for that.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have a strap as well.. never use it cause most things are not that sensitive.. just don't be running around dragging your feet across the carpet and before you touch the chips grab something that is metal and plugged into the electrical system.