Exhaust shop recommendations - routing around 4 link

Mulieking1

I'm about to 4 link my LJ and would like to get some recommendations from the RME crowd on good exhaust shops in the Salt Lake area that would do a nice job routing around the 4link. Thanks for your help.

wheelewagon

Id also like to know on this. I want A custom exhaust built for my 3.6l JK. All the kits you buy are cat back. I'm looking to reroute the entire exhaust and get some better flow. Also I'd like to do some not to inspection friendly things that I don't think normal exhaust shops will do. Like making it look like it runs through the cat but just have A pipe run through it.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Why go around the cat? You are not going to gain that much power, possibly piss off your computer, and ultimately add more pollutants than necessary. If your bent on it, buy a high flow cat so there is no worry about future inspections etc. I'd even sell you my low milage cat off of my 5.9L ZJ. More than enough for a little V6 :)

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Another vote for ricks. Worth the drive to UT county. They do a lot of custom exhausts for off road rigs and understand what it takes to clear what our suspension systems are capable of.

wheelewagon

Why go around the cat? You are not going to gain that much power, possibly piss off your computer, and ultimately add more pollutants than necessary. If your bent on it, buy a high flow cat so there is no worry about future inspections etc. I'd even sell you my low milage cat off of my 5.9L ZJ. More than enough for a little V6 :)

Buying A high flow is another option I have been thinking of. My personal experiences with cats just have not been good ones. I'd just rather not deal with one. As far as ozone killing and comp issues, I've also been pondering doing A supercharger kit which would clean up emissions and deal with tuning.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
it is a bit of a drive for you but Reed Muffler up here has done 7 or so full exhausts for me and does amazing work especially considering all the modified 4x4s i take to him. He sponsors my buggy and did the exahust on that too all around excellent work

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Reeds Rays and Ricks? Do exhaust guys have to have single syllable R names?