Northern Utah Expedition Utah Quarterly Trail Ride: West Desert Wanderings

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
What: Expedition Utah would like to invite you to join us for the first Quarterly Trail Ride of 2014! For this QTR we're going to be heading out to explore the West Desert. That means we may strike out along the Pony Express Trail or head down to the Tintic mining district outside of Eureka in search of old railroad tunnels. Or down to Topaz. Or into the Deep Creeks.
With several days, we can cover a lot of ground and see lots of things, its a beautiful area it's the prefect time of year to get out and do some wandering!

When: Friday, March 28th - Sunday, March 30th

Where: Meet at the Camp Floyd Cemetery outside of Fairfield [Map] at 7pm on Friday night. We will end our wanderings on Sunday afternoon.

Who: Anyone and everyone. Whether you're a seasoned traveler or someone just getting into exploring Utah's backcountry and varied historical sites we encourage you to come out. If you are planning on coming please post up! Space is limited to 15 vehicles!

What to Bring: Normal camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, ect.). It will still be cold at night, so plan on that. Food for yourself and any passengers for the entire duration. Firewood! We all want to be warm at night, so if we can all bring some wood, we can have a nice fire each night.

Hope to see everyone there!

What is Expedition Utah? Expedition Utah is a website and forum dedicated to vehicle assisted exploration of Utah's beautiful and varied backcountry. We strive to provide a free online repository of information to help people plan their next adventures and a forum to let them discuss it with others who share their passion.

Going:

01: black2013jk
02: tonkaman
03: Scott
04: Bams~YJ
05: CobraNutt
06:
07:
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

Last edited:

Zerkalo

It's attempting

- how long is it? Any route map?
- what's the difficulty level, I've seen pics of some stock 4runner, assuming it aint too tough?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
It's attempting

- how long is it? Any route map?
- what's the difficulty level, I've seen pics of some stock 4runner, assuming it aint too tough?

We will be leaving at 7pm Friday night and returning Sunday afternoon. No route map, as we're going to be exploring and deciding as we go. The majority of the places that we will be in are easily accessible by a stock vehicle in 2wd. We might venture into some places where 4wd would be needed, but nothing extreme by any measure.

Troop92

Tell her you need to take as many trips as possible BEFORE the baby comes!

It isn't so much that she cares if I go on rides like this, it's just by that point we'd only be two weeks out from her due date. With it being our first she's understandably a little leery. Who knows though, I'll ask. :D

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I would like to join. I would only be able to due Saturday though. I could meet you before you break camp in the morning, and bail somewhere along the route.
If my requests are permitted.... And my wife says so...... Count me in.

Tonkaman

I would like to join. I would only be able to due Saturday though. I could meet you before you break camp in the morning, and bail somewhere along the route.

You tell her I saids it's ok

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

The hard thing about that is we don't know exactly where we will be camping on Friday night.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Right, I figure you won't go too far before setting up camp though, right? You'll only have an hour of daylight or so.
A GPS location would tell me where camp was for the night.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
FWIW, this is the kind of trip I woulda flew out for if I had more notice.

Kooler than Mudd.

Still time!

Hello guys! I'm new to this thread, I met a fellow Jeeper the other day and was told about the site and trip. I'd love to join if you wouldn't mind!

Sounds good, we'll put you on the list!

I'm out, a friends b-day party is scheduled for Saturday. Have fun!

Birthdays come every year! This is a one time event! ;)