F-150 ignition problems

pELYgroso

'Merica
the starter in my f-150 went out.....well i thought it was only the starter. I tried and tried in the university mall parking lot to tinker with it but it wouldn't give more than a very weak attempt to turn over the engine for only a second at a time. So, I went and got another starter and switched it out right there in the parking lot. no dice. it wouldn't even turn over at all. to make a long annoying story short, after paying a dumb towing bill, i ended up trying the ol' screw driver on the cylinoid posts trick and it fired right up. so i now know the problem is between the key and the cylinoid posts under the hood. anybody know from that description exactly what it is before i tear it all apart looking?????? thanks

forotacobra

5.0 INJECTED TOY
i ended up trying the ol' screw driver on the cylinoid posts trick and it fired right up. so i now know the problem is between the key and the cylinoid posts under the hood. did you change the solinoid thats the first place i would look , if it would try before most likely thats what it is not the key switch or the wiring