Facebook Hacking....worst recovery system ever

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
So I was hacked. Within a few minutes they had managed to delete my email addresses, and put in their email addresses.

The facebook recovery process requires either your PW, which I don't know because they changed it, or a confirmation email, which I can't access because they replaced my email address with their own.

I was able to get into the account with the recover steps once, but it wouldn't let me change the PW without knowing the current PW and it wouldn't let me remove the hacker's email addresses because I had to leave at least one, and I hadn't been logged in to that account long enough for them to trust me.

Then it locked it all down. I did some video verification step where it had me film myself and look up, look down etc, but if that works then I'm guessing it just opens the account back up so the hacker can access it since I don't know the PW and I can't use the hacker's email address.

Has anyone dealt with this? I can't find any way to contact facebook to get find support. It's all automated.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Trying to go through the facebook hacking page askes to enter a current or old PW. I enter my old one and it says

Screenshot 2024-09-18 202603.jpg
Then it just brings you right back to the start. It's just a loop.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
That's terrible. Do you know how they got in? Brute force, or do you maybe have malware? Little brother got a keylogger or screen snooper on his phone somehow a while back and they got his master password key and compromised all sorts of his stuff.

I'm no help with Facebook recovery, but if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go change my password...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I have no idea. I never type in a pw so I don't know how they'd use a keylogger. I don't really know how that stuff works though either

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Trying to go through the facebook hacking page askes to enter a current or old PW. I enter my old one and it says

View attachment 176445
Then it just brings you right back to the start. It's just a loop.
That’s ridiculous. You’d think they’d lock it down and put it under review for having a pw and email change in such a short time frame especially after you’ve triggered this process.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
When I was in there I was able to delete my CC info that was saved in there, so hopefully that was smart.

I guess I just have to wait and see what happens when they review my face video. It does say if they decline my appeal that it will be permanently disabled and I can't appeal again.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I had this happen a few months ago. It was circular and it seems like I was just changing the email and password over and over again but it finally took. They hacked my main email too so I dealt with them in tandem. I think I changed the passwords to both about 8 times before everything started working. I have no idea what my PW is now. Thoughts and prayers be with you.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I handle this kind of stuff by not having any social media accounts. With the exception of this website, and a few others.

If you find them, I suggest breaking their legs.
Yes, well, definitely don't run a business or two that rely heavily on social media for marketing.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
My mom went through this a while back and had the same experience you are. Everything just went in circles and they eventually deleted her account.

What is the best prevention to have this happen to the rest of us regularly changed your password? More difficult password?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
My mom went through this a while back and had the same experience you are. Everything just went in circles and they eventually deleted her account.

What is the best prevention to have this happen to the rest of us regularly changed your password? More difficult password?
20 character password

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Wild that he just joined RME 19 minutes ago.

I think we have ourselves a spammer @Greg
ladies-and-gentleman-we-got-him.gif

02SE

Yes, well, definitely don't run a business or two that rely heavily on social media for marketing.

It was mostly a joke.

I know that in your situation it's nearly mandatory to be on social media. I DID deal with Fakebook when my Dad's account (which he had just to keep up with grandkids) was hacked. Fakebook sucks. Google is no better in helping resolve issues. I'm pretty sure they all suck.

The breaking legs is just wishful thinking, as it will never happen.

Good luck.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Google is no better in helping resolve issues. I'm pretty sure they all suck.
I have a friend who works in sales with larger corporate clients. I call him when I have a problem and usually get a quick answer to my problem. If it wasn't for that, I would probably hate them also.