Jeep failing fuel pump?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Thats a good idea..... Where is the fuel rail? Also how well does the tire pressure gauge fit? I'm down to give it a shot. Also how many times should i prime it? maybe 3 leavin it on for about 3-4 seconds?

Part owner of a shop and you are asking where your fuel rail is? Do you not own a shop manual for your Jeep?

Silly Willy

Thats a good idea..... Where is the fuel rail? Also how well does the tire pressure gauge fit? I'm down to give it a shot. Also how many times should i prime it? maybe 3 leavin it on for about 3-4 seconds?

unless its carberated the fuel rail question is a little questionable. but its the tube like thing your fuel injectors are on. it will have a thing (very similer to the tire valve) the tire pressure gauge works very well.

and I take back priming it, leave it un primed test the pressure, then prime it and see if it increases or decreases.

diablokicks

Part owner of a shop and you are asking where your fuel rail is? Do you not own a shop manual for your Jeep?

Ouch lol, yeah that business failed, its a little too old to be my signature, it was for bodykits.... I'll have to give it a try, If i can get it figured out

diablokicks

unless its carberated the fuel rail question is a little questionable. but its the tube like thing your fuel injectors are on. it will have a thing (very similer to the tire valve) the tire pressure gauge works very well.

and I take back priming it, leave it un primed test the pressure, then prime it and see if it increases or decreases.

Should the jeep be running? might be a stupid question, but if so how can i prime it, try to test it and start it?

Silly Willy

no it shouldn't be running. you are trying to see the pressure in the line without the pump going. so check it, prime it, (turn the key a couple times) then test it again.

Jesser04

I have one that is doing this same thing, I have replaced the fuel pump but it did not help Myother one that did this needed new injectors luckily they are cheap.
I had a chevy not want to start like your talking about and it was a bad injector. Question does it only not want to start after its been running then sitting for a hour or so? that what my truck was doing and the injector was leaking and flooding the truck and I would have to crank it and crank it to get it to start. If there cheap it might be worth changing them

diablokicks

I don't know if i'm missing something but on my 99 TJ, a tire gauge is too small to fit around that nob? Any luck with that fuel pump test kit gijohn? :p

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I'm sorry I do have still have the fuel injection pump kit...I could help you wednesday during the day or thursday night if that works for you... otherwise its saturday before I could get to again...

And I do have the service manual and can test it and let you know...

John
801-719-0871