Northern Utah Fall Quarterly Training Day + Service Project up AF Canyon: September 28-29th 2012

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
If you really want to up the ante, I have a 16 pound sledge. ;) It'll make a man out of you... or give blisters.

When it comes to the big stuff like that I have a big old hammer drill that I use to put 3/4 inch ground stakes in the the ground with.... and they are usually 8 footers... but I have been known to pound a few in by hand with my 8 lb sledge...

blznnp

thanks for posting that steve, I had been looking at lone peak 4-wheelers to see when that would be done but forgot about it.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
at your leisure had the footage on sunday... it lasted all of about 4 mins.. and most the pictures where of truck with trailers hauling the logs in... and some of kurt talking but not much more...

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Did you see the AYL on TV about a week ago. Good show with Marlin Sharp and Kurt Williams having good exposure. Also I am trying to pull together numbers of all events in the state for NPLD. I heard the number of 45 but do you know how many hours were spent?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'm playing with the Forest City Wikipedia article. The old article mentioned that the fence was gone (blaming ATVs) so I'm adding a bit about the new fence. Does anyone have any pics of the finished fence they'd be willing to upload to Wikimedia? If not, I can go take one.

Was AYL the only media coverage?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The FS blamed ATV's and snowmobiles for the destruction of the fence in a 03/04 era news article on the disappearing cemetery. I still have the article... I called the FS on it and the real story came out in which the snow and lack of maintenance destroyed the fence and the FS took it down in hopes of building a new one. The stacks of old fence material were sadly hauled off and burned but they didn't look like much more than scrap at that point. The FS corrected the story but the initial blast is what started my passion for seeing a new fence built. I'm hardly the reason it happened and there were many, many hands that made it all possible... I'd like to think my squeaking made it happen. ExpeditionUtah is hosting a history night for contributing members at the cemetery the night before NPLD and then finishing up some work on the fence with Lone Peak 4x4 for NPLD this year. I'd be happy to snap some finished pictures once we put the last drop of stain on it.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
That'd be awesome, Kurt. Is the corrected FS story archived anywhere on line? It'd be great if I could pull that erroneous info out of the Wiki article entirely.