Family event...

JParriott

THREESIX
Yes I understand, this should end up under the comp section. However, Shane & Greg do not move it yet. I am still working out some major details so input here is the goal.

This event is different to say the least. I have had so many talks with people about events I've done in the past. Avoiding blowing my own horn here I will say that they definitely advanced or at least influence a lot of what goes on now.

The premise behind this event is that it will combine a couple sports and must be raced by teams (Families). Though it is going to be a family team it may consist of brother, cousins or in laws. There must however be that connection.

It is a relay race.
First leg, father child sack race. Child age 4 to 8. Father, well at least mentally over 16.
Second leg, mom or female substitute, rock crawl (Speed oriented but not brutal)
Third leg, Brother/sister timed motocross laps
Fourth leg, (Dad or substitute) Full on rock race possibly side by side action.

I will post class rules once and more to the story once input is received. Part of my planning process is always to consider issues that other people point out. After all I find it is possible get lost in my enthusiasm.

The event will be held in Moab.
So, send me some input. I would really like to hear what people think before I announce dates, rules and more of the story.

In closing I want to say that this is going to be a good time with extremely cheap entry fees. I just feel like (now that I am a dad) there are many others
out there that share my passion for motor sports but are restricted by money and the exclusion that the sports I love don't encase my whole family in the action. Mind you, safety being extremely important.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing your suggestions and words of encouragement. Please avoid negatives.

Jeremy Parriott

P.S. I will check back here in a couple days. If you PM me I might take a bit to respond.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Ya, same here, I like the idea behind the concept.

My only concerns are, my sons are only 2 weeks and 2 years, not much they can do.

Maybe for the wife/mom event do a more technical obsticle course type event,

Mug

PHORmerly
Ya, same here, I like the idea behind the concept.

My only concerns are, my sons are only 2 weeks and 2 years, not much they can do.

Maybe for the wife/mom event do a more technical obsticle course type event,

x2

I would have to call on extended family, and I see you've anticipated that already. The more the merrier!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I like it! My vote would be to include classes for vehicles though, since I'm limited to a 4runner. :(

Sounds really fun though, for sure.

pELYgroso

'Merica
wow, sounds like a blast! so, the father son sack race is what I'm thinking? potato sacks? hopping around? just wondering because it seems a little random thrown in there with crawling, MX, and rock racing. GREAT IDEA THOUGH!