farmington open?

Taco4life

I just got down from there, I spent all day up there. I watched two rangers closing some of the gates at the top along skyline drive for the winter. You can go anywhere on the bountiful side, and alone skyline drive back to the Farmington side before you hit the gate. One of the gates they closed was up near Bountiful peak before you head over to the backside.

rholbrook

Farmington Canyon is closed. They put a new gate in at the bottom of the canyon near the Farmington Pond gate. You cant even get to the fire break road anymore.

My last discussion with Kathy Pollock at the BLM was next year. It will be about $200K to fix the road right and its not in the budget until next year.

TEAM FRED

I understand that the FAA has been using farmington canyon all season. So the road is not all that bad. Looks like a good reason to keep it closed to everyone else.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Farmington canyon road was originally built with a bunch of guys and a bunch of shovels.

I say we get a ton of people together and go up and fix the road ourselves! Like they would have done before government took our lives over

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Farmington canyon road was originally built with a bunch of guys and a bunch of shovels.

I say we get a ton of people together and go up and fix the road ourselves! Like they would have done before government took our lives over

ok I nominate you to spearhead this and when you get it ok'd I'm in... if you need help you can contact me and I will do what I can... I live down the street and go up there to walk the pug just about every day...

Grim

i have a shovel , pick , gloves, and a pair of boots

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Due to the snow I would since they hadn't fixed it yet as of the end of summer combined with the plans to not fix it until this summer i would say it is still closed.

rholbrook

Locked at the bottom still. Hopefully it is in the budget to fix this year. The slide is just wide enough to fit an ATV through it. They clain they are going to fix it right at a cost of $400K