FINALLY got a bike!

Caleb

The auto clutches are must haves... :D When you do it, I would probably get a Rekluse. Revloc is apparently getting out of the moto business (not right away, but that is their intention apparently according to Alan at Revloc).

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
The auto clutches are must haves... :D

I am not sure about the auto clutches. I have never ridden with one, but I was out with a couple guys with them last weekend. It seems like you are taking a perfectly good motorcycle and turning it into a sport utility quad... But I guess I should try one before I form a real opinion... It just SEEMS wrong to me..

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
take a spin on one of the bikes with it on there.

I have always liked shifting with the clutch. The auto clutch just makes single track, trail riding a whole lot easier. You dont have to down shift slowing down for a corner, just slow down and the clutch will let it lug right back to speed. I think it will depend on what type of riding you do if you will like it or not.

As for me.....I want it

rholbrook

I am not sure about the auto clutches. I have never ridden with one, but I was out with a couple guys with them last weekend. It seems like you are taking a perfectly good motorcycle and turning it into a sport utility quad... But I guess I should try one before I form a real opinion... It just SEEMS wrong to me..

So your point is?????? Here's the deal with them, if it takes an old guy like me and allows me to ride all day on technical stuff and not pay for it for the next week with soreness, I am in. It also allows me to ride more technical stuff with greater ease. This equates to a longer, funner ride. I personally can ride with just about anyone, with or without an autoclutch. The autoclutch just makes it better.

Its no different then putting bigger tires or a bigger motor in your 4X4. It helps you get through the hard stuff easier.

I ride with two guys that I would call Clutch Purists. Their trucks are even manuals. They ***** and moan everytime we go riding because I am CHEATING. Hell yes I am cheating, but everytime we are out they are constantly wearing themselves out trying to follow me. There are obstacles that I have even had to ride their bikes through some of these spots.

Jeeper, come ride my WR. It not only rips, its really smooth because of the clutch and its fun to ride with it.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
After a quick look............I dont see a Rekluse clutch available for the WR400 =(

There might be a way to do it. The 400-early450 motors are very similar--maybe you could cross parts with a newer model :confused:

If not auto clutches are for sissy's anyway :D.........:eek:..........:ugh: Ok that was my jealous side speaking :cool:

Caleb

I don't quite understand, so it makes the ride easier and more enjoyable. Where's the problem with that???

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I didn't mean to offend your clutch choice if I did, I just don't understand. I am kind of set in my ways.. I don't think hip hop belongs in my Country music, I don't think texting is an acceptable way to do business, I don't like my bank signs all being in Spanish, and I don't like that my diesel has to have a Cat. Converter now. I did say I needed to TRY one before I formed a real opinion...
I would love to ride with one on one of the group rides. I already desire a WR, so rholbrook's bike might be the one to try :D.

rholbrook

I didn't mean to offend your clutch choice if I did, I just don't understand. I am kind of set in my ways.. I don't think hip hop belongs in my Country music, I don't think texting is an acceptable way to do business, I don't like my bank signs all being in Spanish, and I don't like that my diesel has to have a Cat. Converter now. I did say I needed to TRY one before I formed a real opinion...
I would love to ride with one on one of the group rides. I already desire a WR, so rholbrook's bike might be the one to try :D.

Yeah since that DAMN Caleb sold his CRFx. I agree with you on everything but the country music. I dont like country music so I could care less about that. Although Carrie Underwood is hot, just my observation.

ChestonScout

parts.jpg

First box of fun things from Caleb showed up yesterday!

I got some Tusk hand gaurds, fork seals, dust gaurds, fork oil, and a oil filter.

Thanks Caleb!

sixstringsteve

sweet. You're lucky to have Russ so close. I want to learn to do my fork seals (even though it doesn't need 'em yet).

Caleb

sweet. You're lucky to have Russ so close. I want to learn to do my fork seals (even though it doesn't need 'em yet).
Bring em over and we'll do your shocks. I've got the tools to do them, it should only take 1-2 hours. You've got dual chamber showa forks, right? You'll just need to get oil seals, dust seals (also called wipers), and some fork oil (I'd recommend getting 2qts). If you want to, we can also do the bushings while we're in there (we pull them off when we do everything else anyways).

ChestonScout

We got the fork seals swapped out tonight. One side had hardly any oil in it. Suspension feels good now!

Thanks a ton Russ!!!!!

I will change the oil and bolt on my hand gaurds tomorrow night and then its off to Spencer Idaho for the rest of the week! Hoping to log A LOT of miles

ChestonScout

Little update on the bike..

The thing is running like a champ! Im not getting out as much as I would like but Im really starting to love this thing.

Ive got starting it down pretty good. Starts on the first kick most the time. Even when its hot.

I backed off the rebound screw on the rear shock all the way. The spring is still on the stiff side but not near as bad as it was. Im happy with it.

The only issue Ive had is it likes to get hot when Im just toolin around. I think Im gonna flush the coolant and make sure it has some good stuff in it. And then make sure all the radiator fins are in good shape to. The better fix would just be to learn to ride faster.

But all in all its a great bike! I would highly recommend it to anyone looking at a bike and cant afford the wr450

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Glad you like it :cool: I'm actually starting to fall for mine as well which I honestly didn't think would ever happen lol. You may want to back off the Comp adjuster if you haven't already. That will make the biggest improvement in stiffness.

As for cooling speed does help :D Mine was getting REALLY hot at first due to lean jetting. I went on a ride today on one of the more difficult trails in the area and didn't have any issues. Actually--come to think of it I haven't had any issues since the re-jet. Maybe you could bump your pilot jet up one size and see if it changes anything.

From what I've read the Boyesen water pumps flow too quickly and don't give the radiators (on the WR's) time to cool efficiently--whether or not that is true I have no idea. My friends YZ426 overheats much easier than my WR and he has the waterpump upgrade--who knows :-\

I will say from other bikes the upgraded radiators make a big difference. I'm looking into the electric fan option maybe someone with experience will chime in.