Fire season has started...

hammerhead

Junkyard Dog
Fire ripped through our little town of Veyo today and we were very lucky that we only lost a few structures and a few cars. No fatalities.

What a way to start the season.

Crinco

Veyo, is that around Cedar City by chance? Seen the planes flying around looking for fires to put out today. Glad no one was hurt or worse.

Bone Down

on the way back from the snakes yesterday, there were two that had just started and mad trucks plus a dump chopper were headed towards the both of them.

Last edited:

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
Hammerhead, are you the dude with all the old cruisers and the rad flatbed on the top of the hill? I almost stopped there the other day to look at all that stuff. I hope none of that got damaged...

chadr

Drove through today on my way up to Pine Valley. The fire went right through the houses on the West side of SR-18. I can't believe that it didn't burn down more homes.

hammerhead

Junkyard Dog
solidfrontaxle said:
Hammerhead, are you the dude with all the old cruisers and the rad flatbed on the top of the hill? I almost stopped there the other day to look at all that stuff. I hope none of that got damaged...
Yes, that's my shop, and no, nothing was damaged. The fire was not allowed to cross the asphalt.

It really is amazing there was no more damage. The people that own those homes are sure feeling blessed. A friend of my wife had just cleaned up her yard and had left piles around the house. The fire took all the piles that were supposed to go and left the piles that were to be kept. Unbelievable...