FireFox question

redbulltj

I'm a cutter
Dumb question, but here goes:

I installed FireFox and I am kinda digging it. Can I "uninstall/delete" Microsoft Internet Explorer? Or does FireFox imbed it self with it?

Thanks in advance...

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
some microsoft update software needs internet explorer to run...just set firefox as your default browser and forget about internet explorer.

Meat_

Banned
You can't really uninstall IE, but you can have Firefox be your default browser.... it will ask if you want it to be when you start it, tell it yes and tell it to perform check everytime. Then open IE and tell it no, and not to perform check.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Congrats on finding the better way! :) Like everyone has said, you can't really delete IE because you're using Windows, and well Windows needs IE for some of its functions. So unless you plan on ditching Windows (which I highly recommend) then you're stuck. But just set FF as your default browser and you'll never see IE again except for when Windows wants to update.
If you every feel daring, check out GrandParadiso, which is the Alpha for FireFox3. I've been rocking it for about two months now and it is great. Still pretty buggy, but SO much faster!