First day of spring. Time to fire up the bike!

Hunt

Drug out my '73 Harley Shovelhead and fired it up after a quick tune up. Drained the tank, filled with fresh fuel, charged the battery, changed the engine oil, fresh set of plugs and bang she fired right off. So proud of my "Black Whore". So named because she frequently fawks me and cost me lots of money. I bought the bike when I was about 19 as a basket case and have completely rebuilt it over the years. Its a 93ci motor now. Stock is 76ci. Its one of the few projects I have managed to hang on to over the years and moving all over the country.
sc000353c8.jpg

Last edited:

Hunt

Its a riot to ride. It's funny how many "Harley people" don't even know what it is. Sad really. To many people bought into the OCC fad here in NY. "Nice Indian" or "Who made it" seem to be the frequent questions.

I once won $100 off a guy that bet me I could not kick start it with one kick. I had just finished the 93inch motor in it. S&S carb was dialed in, I put full electronic ignition in it, pressure reliefs on both cylinders and it was still warm from riding it to the bar. :rofl:

Seemed like every time I took it into down town Norfolk, VA the cops would pull me over for "excessively load or altered exhaust". I'd show them the registration and say "Listen to how much noise comes form the rocker boxes and primary alone. And look how much it shakes. Thats just the way it is. Its an antique. The exhaust is factory" and they would let me go.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I'm jealous--that's a good lookin bike :cool:

Its a riot to ride. It's funny how many "Harley people" don't even know what it is. Sad really. To many people bought into the OCC fad here in NY. "Nice Indian" or "Who made it" seem to be the frequent questions.

I don't doubt that for a second and it is sad. A friend of mine once said you don't just buy a shovel head---you adopt one haha :greg:

Hunt

Did a little solder repair on the tail light. In todays throw away society its very fulfilling to repair a 39 year old part, not just throwing it away and buying a new one. Baby got a new pair of shoes too, Had some Avon Gangster super wide white walls fitted up. She will be ready for the summer riding season.
DSC01113.JPG

DSC01114.JPG

DSC01115.JPG

DSC01118.JPG