First time paint baller

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I have never been paintballing but next month there is a company team building event where we are going to go out and shoot each other. I don't foresee myself doing this often. Is there anyone who rents a better paint ball gun than what will be standard issue at the paint ball event? If I rent one in Utah can I take it on an airplane without issues?

What does a newbie need to know so that I can apply more welts than I receive?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I've only been once, but the place we went had guns to rent on site and they seemed decent enough to me, and were not really that expensive.

It's a blast, I had a ton of fun and would absolutely do it again. Just make sure you have enough air before you start the next round, a critical mistake I made on my last round.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
What does a newbie need to know so that I can apply more welts than I receive?

That's not going to happen. :D

Here's the best thing you can do - your first game, just as soon as they blow the whistle or whatever to signal the start, go get shot. Scream a war cry and charge straight through the middle of the field. You'll get pelted about 50 times before you have time to raise your gun over your head and signal dead, and the adrenaline charge will completely cure you of any fear of getting hit. It's that fear that'll make you a retard out there, and once you're over it, you'll have a blast. Who cares if you're good or not?

Regarding the plane, I suppose you could check a paintball gun, but I'd call in advance to make arrangements. I don't think you'll need to rent one though, if you've never played before you wouldn't know the difference anyway. I've never been to a course that didn't have guns perfectly suited for the casual player.

Last edited:

Caleb

Rusted, I've got a Proto SLG that you are more than welcome to use. I've sold my nicer gun but the SLG is still a decent gun. You can fly with a paintball gun, the pros do it ally he time, the only thing you will have trouble with is if you were to try to fly with a tank, they make you remove the regulator and then that has to be reassembled by a shop (at least I'd want someone that knows what they are doing putting it back on and sealing a tank that I will be running around with carrying 4500psi :D). The welts don't hurt that bad, so don't fear getting shot. :)

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I was concidering a rental so I had superior firepower as compared to the standard issue to what the other 30 guys will be using :) We will be playinig in California so I need to get it there somehow without a headache or I need to rent there. How interchangable are the tanks and the guns? The other guys will be recharging their guns somewhere, can I just snap onto their tanks?

Caleb

Tanks are interchangeable (standard threads, standard output). I wouldn't attempt to fly with a tank just way too much hassle.

Yep, as said, tanks are interchangeable, the only thing you need to be careful with is CO2 vs. Air. Some guns can use both, most of the speedball guns don't like to switch and do better with air.