Northern Utah First Tracks 2014 up Snakes, 5th annual New Years Day Run w/ Dirt Hedz!!!

Cascadia

Undecided
Last one there, first one home. ;) Had a great time this morning! First time out in TY-J. Nice to learn how to drive it and shift the t cases. No major issues. Overheated once until I remembered it had an electric fan. Once I flipped the switch it was good to go. Then on WW it was starving for fuel. Was running like a carb'd motor on a steep incline. Figured out why it was starving for fuel. It didn't have any! Haha. Gauge said full so I assumed it was full. Turns out the gauge isn't hooked up. I didn't get any pics. But I know Bear got some pics and video.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Just so nobody worries, I made it home safe and sound. Now time to start pricing parts and figuring out what I need vs. what I want and can afford.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
It'll all work out, budget kinda sucks with a kid coming in February but I'll figure it all out, I likely won't be making WOTR now but we'll see.

For now I've pulled the passenger side shaft and drained my diff fluid so it's driveable.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Broken driver front axle, popped the u-joint, snapped the inner shaft and blew out my ball joints.

That sucks! I am doing similar work to mine when the parts get here. Axles, ball joints, and drag link. I will give you my driver side stock if you want once I pull it out. What ball joints were you running?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
That sucks! I am doing similar work to mine when the parts get here. Axles, ball joints, and drag link. I will give you my driver side stock if you want once I pull it out. What ball joints were you running?

Picked up an axle last night so I'm good there. I'm running synergy ball joints, don't think it would have mattered, there was a lot of stuff flying around in there that wasn't supposed to be.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Picked up an axle last night so I'm good there. I'm running synergy ball joints, don't think it would have mattered, there was a lot of stuff flying around in there that wasn't supposed to be.

Glad you got an axle. That really sucks about the carnage. I didn't think the 3.8L gutless wonder could produce enough wheel spin to cause that much damage! :D

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Axles don't always break when you expect them to, that's for sure. Did it mess up your axle seal? When I broke a u-joint recently the ears were forced on top of each other and it didn't pop my ball joints but it caused some seal damage for sure.